North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
He didn't look bad to me and I wasn't confusing Cicigoi with Michael DiPietro but he looked like a capable OHL goalie tonight.
Yes improvements for sure! Only 2 “uh oh” moments a game now instead of 5 which sounds bad but it’s not. Cicigoi had a solid game, made a lot of real good saves which is too bad because a few quick goals in the 3rd brought his gaa up to 6, again.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
The boys need some work. Can someone explain to me why P Christo is "NOT" on the U 17 roster ? What a dangle !
A real mistake IMO, low bar but he looks like our best D majority of nights.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
23 goals against and counting in 3 games. Hopefully Vrbetic’s strep is better by Friday... woof.

edit: 24

edit: 25

edit: 26

Last edited:

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
There's going to come a time when these boys are going to figure out they don't like being the butt of league jokes, or seen as an "easy" game for anyone. That being said, while the players are responsible for their own play on the ice that style of play begins and ends with coaching and leadership. Do you risk making a change with such a young group now, or do you try and wait it out? I'd normally not want to be negative here - but now more than ever, I think it's Stan's time to go. Clean house at the top - once that is done, figure out what the team's identity actually "is" and build team/system to fit that identity. You don't fit, or don't want to be a part of being in North Bay? Figure out trades, and go with those who deserve/really want to be here. Like it or not, giving up 25 goals over 3 games is a complete team failure from the top on down. I would **not** want to be stuck on the Battalion team bus on the long ride home from the Soo tonight....

Reactions: Uncle

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
There's going to come a time when these boys are going to figure out they don't like being the butt of league jokes, or seen as an "easy" game for anyone. That being said, while the players are responsible for their own play on the ice that style of play begins and ends with coaching and leadership. Do you risk making a change with such a young group now, or do you try and wait it out? I'd normally not want to be negative here - but now more than ever, I think it's Stan's time to go. Clean house at the top - once that is done, figure out what the team's identity actually "is" and build team/system to fit that identity. You don't fit, or don't want to be a part of being in North Bay? Figure out trades, and go with those who deserve/really want to be here. Like it or not, giving up 25 goals over 3 games is a complete team failure from the top on down. I would **not** want to be stuck on the Battalion team bus on the long ride home from the Soo tonight....
forgotten by Echo Bay....

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
You make a change this year. The young player we have have plenty potential. You bring in a coach that develops the players and puts them in proper system to succeed. You teach them do’s and don’ts, screaming and Bag skating them to death doesn’t do anything anymore. Butler was a good coach years ago but those days are gone. He’s coaching a completely new style of player compare to 10-15 years ago.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
If we end up drafting first maybe we can all pool in some cash to leave in an unmarked bag at Duchesnay Falls for Adam Fantilli:laugh::nod::sarcasm:

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
Butlers Salary?
I'm kind of shocked (but not surprised) that a 16 year old kid has the kind of power where he can tell an entire team where, when, under what circumstance and to what team(s) he will report. Top 3 first round pick would be great - but could North Bay be bullied into picking a player they don't "really" want because the one they do says "Screw you guys....I'll only report to Windsor/London/Hamilton, etc." I might be old fashioned in this way - but I think the honourable thing to do would be to play for the team that put in the work/effort to draft you. Or does every high end OHL pick think they're the second coming of Sid the Kid?

Reactions: Blueliner65
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad