North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
"What’s important is not just the picks that were acquired but now we get to take an additional player in the import draft next season."

Soooo, we are allowed to pick 3 imports??

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
"What’s important is not just the picks that were acquired but now we get to take an additional player in the import draft next season."

Soooo, we are allowed to pick 3 imports??
I think he is referring to not having to protect Martin Hugo Has and so being able to select again.

Reactions: Uncle

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
So it was a meaningless point! Hugo Has wasn't coming here anyway so we would of still got 2 import pick next season regardless.....GM smoke screen!
He got 2 - 3rd round picks for a guy who wouldn't report . Pretty good haul if you ask me. What did we get for Filip Chytil?

Reactions: Uncle

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
He got 2 - 3rd round picks for a guy who wouldn't report . Pretty good haul if you ask me. What did we get for Filip Chytil?

Read the GM's quote..." but now we get to take an additional player in the import draft next season." We know we got picks for Has. We were always going to get 2 import picks next year...Nothing additional.

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
Difference is Chytil was never coming to the OHL
I think in a lot of cases you dont know for sure if they are coming. Agents will tell half truths to protect their clients. If Chytil doesnt make Rangers out of camp you have a chance, or if he goes to AHL and struggles you have a chance. They swung for fences and lost. You talk to agent and nhl gm and decide how much you want to risk taking a kid . You can go farther down the food chain for a better chance of them reporting but then some of them are not good enough to make impact

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
I like the way rebuild is going...…..my big fear is our drafting record.....could be a huge factor in potential success....in the past we miss the playoffs and a playoff team drafts better players.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Read the GM's quote..." but now we get to take an additional player in the import draft next season." We know we got picks for Has. We were always going to get 2 import picks next year...Nothing additional.

GM may consider/spin it as an additional pick because had he not traded Hugo-Has, he may have kept the rights so another team could not draft him being sure Hugo-Has really wanted to play in the OHL.
So, ability to use 2nd round import pick plus other *picks in exchange for Hugo-Has

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Has must have some 1st period jitters for his 1st game back in the bay. Couple of bad passes and turnovers, coe throws a big hit on him and gives him a dispey doo a minute later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad