North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Hockey Canada U-17 dev. camp in Calgary, day 1 Wed.:
Joe Vrbetic (G) played 24 min., 9 saves on 9 shots; Cam Peters 1 assist.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
With Christian Purboo on the NHL radar, I wonder if he might be a decent value trade chip. It's pretty likely Propp sees a good percentage of the starts this season.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
First question you have to ask is, how is an 18 yr old goalie who didn't do much in the OHL and had decent numbers for the 3rd place ranked OJHL team even on the NHL radar? 2nd question would be, who in the OHL would want to trade for that same player....what is the upside? At this point in time, who is he an upgrade on? Every goalie rostered last year is already proven to be better than him. If he sticks with North Bay this season he will have a chance to hone his skills and learn how to play at that level.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Why he's on someone's radar in the NHL, I couldn't tell you. Scouting goaltenders at this age is a mystery to me--they're all voodoo.

But just looking at how Propp was tossed around last season prior to us landing him, there might be a team out there that still likes his upside. Owen Sound was able to grab Brady Lyle from us, which was a decent get. We're in pretty desperate need for a top four defender or two--maybe Purboo is piece that might be used to get us one.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
...so the Battalion have poor attendance...not a winner, so crowds are way down...the marketing dept. has not really been on fire with anything at all......signings....are euros here???? ticket specials....how about printout of roster lineups for camp....deal for our lone ex game...store sales...crickets,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reactions: Samee987

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Jordan Spadafore signed with Rimouski Oceanic, I always like this kid, big and mean.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
...and lots of tickets are on sale
No perks being a season tickets holder. I'd imagine there will be a lot of empty seats this year. Where's John Mcllellan ? Virtually invisible.
He was no good when he "tried" Marketing the Centennials. Look at what happened there.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
From Steve Mclean Twitter
According to his Instagram account North Bay Battalion forward Luke Burghardt (who had 71pts for NB last season) is retiring from hockey.
Doesn't say why but doesn't sound like his choice.
Tough to see.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Battalion star retires - BayToday.ca

Yep, that's really too bad for the kid. He was on pace for a pro contract at season's end. Best of luck for Luke.

In terms of what that does to the Battalion, that hurts a ton. Adam McMaster has some big shoes to fill this season unless we can find a good OA to round out that top line.

First Bratina, now him. Damn.

Reactions: SebJHockey

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
No perks being a season tickets holder. I'd imagine there will be a lot of empty seats this year. Where's John Mcllellan ? Virtually invisible.
He was no good when he "tried" Marketing the Centennials. Look at what happened there.
Hey North Bay fans, Sting fan coming in peace. If it makes you feel any better our season ticket prices are higher than yours! Regular seats: Adult $672 Senior/Student $587. Gold (With the only perk being able to park closest to the arena) Adult $865 Senior/Student $779.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Hey North Bay fans, Sting fan coming in peace. If it makes you feel any better our season ticket prices are higher than yours! Regular seats: Adult $672 Senior/Student $587. Gold (With the only perk being able to park closest to the arena) Adult $865 Senior/Student $779.

Your website says you get 9 'perks' being a STH......

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Damn tough loss here today Luke’s skating really opened up the ice when he was playing to bad to see potential like that lost best of luck to him won’t forget his 1st game last year.

Reactions: MoWanchuk1

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Battalion star retires - BayToday.ca

Yep, that's really too bad for the kid. He was on pace for a pro contract at season's end. Best of luck for Luke.

In terms of what that does to the Battalion, that hurts a ton. Adam McMaster has some big shoes to fill this season unless we can find a good OA to round out that top line.

First Bratina, now him. Damn.
Tough one for Burghardt, hate to see stuff like this with anyone let alone kids. His speed opened up a lot of ice for Brazeau and he had a chip on his shoulder and able to get under the skin of opponents and will be missed in a huge way.

I say that Egor Postnov ends up on that line and they end up stronger than last year. We started to see great stuff from McMaster after he was moved to the wing but I don't see top line minutes for him yet.

Reactions: yacky

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Tough one for Burghardt, hate to see stuff like this with anyone let alone kids. His speed opened up a lot of ice for Brazeau and he had a chip on his shoulder and able to get under the skin of opponents and will be missed in a huge way.

I say that Egor Postnov ends up on that line and they end up stronger than last year. We started to see great stuff from McMaster after he was moved to the wing but I don't see top line minutes for him yet.
Probably a safe bet. But this is the year the Battalion should be making a run at the Conference title. I would be pounding on the pavement to fill that top line F spot, preferably with a '00 born so I can reclaim some of my picks next season.

Pay the premium to keep one of the big names out of Niagara at the deadline and use your two available OA spots to shore up the defense. Unless Henderson comes into camp with some semblance of offensive ability or Schlueting is a reincarnation of Cam Dineen, we still need a solid top pairing.

Even a guy like Ryan McLeod, who's a '99, would be a shrewd add if he'd report. He'll be a sure 100 point guy this year. Missy's in rebuild mode, so he'll be on the market later this year.

I just don't want to see us pissing away games again because we're too gunshy to address our needs. The fact that we were a juggernaut once Propp got here goes to show what this team could do once the team has a stable lineup.

Reactions: View from section 9

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Your website says you get 9 'perks' being a STH......
10% discount on merchandise, Pre-Season team BBQ & Post-Season team breakfast are just invitations you still have to pay for your food, A magnet schedule, 4 bring a friend vouchers, 20% off at a local bar. So in reality the only 2 things you get for free are a magnet schedule and the 4 bring a friend vouchers. As well as more expensive tickets compared to North Bay as well as if you choose the "Gold" season tickets the parking lot meant for the Gold season ticket holders doesn't have enough spots so it's first come first serve as well as our arena is directly attached to Lambton College so that parking area is also used for their sports teams as well.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
10% discount on merchandise, Pre-Season team BBQ & Post-Season team breakfast are just invitations you still have to pay for your food, A magnet schedule, 4 bring a friend vouchers, 20% off at a local bar. So in reality the only 2 things you get for free are a magnet schedule and the 4 bring a friend vouchers. As well as more expensive tickets compared to North Bay as well as if you choose the "Gold" season tickets the parking lot meant for the Gold season ticket holders doesn't have enough spots so it's first come first serve as well as our arena is directly attached to Lambton College so that parking area is also used for their sports teams as well.

I'd take 4 'bring a friend vouchers'. $100 value right there. We've been asking for redemption nights for 5 years now!!!

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
I'd take 4 'bring a friend vouchers'. $100 value right there. We've been asking for redemption nights for 5 years now!!!
I truly feel for how terrible you guys get treated by the North Bay franchise. I've been shit on by the Sting organization numerous times too. Poor communication, Bad customer service, Supplying NO LOA/COA with the purchase of game worn jerseys, and many more horrible things.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
North Bay missed out on Jordan Spadafore, I'm surprise no one here speaking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad