North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Thoughts on tomorrows game in Sudbury? Can't see a Battalion win, wolves too good at home this season. If Walker plays, I say he adds 9 pim's from standing in the crease.

5-1 wolves

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Thoughts on tomorrows game in Sudbury? Can't see a Battalion win, wolves too good at home this season. If Walker plays, I say he adds 9 pim's from standing in the crease.

5-1 wolves
Wolves win 6-0 :) Ukka adds another So , Blake Murray gets a hat trick

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
I say 5-1 Wolves just to be boring and stick with the average goals for and against in our 4 games vs NB with UPL in net.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Gonna have to agree with you . Have no idea what they are talking about at all regarding Brazeau .
Corey Pronman does an all prospects Q&A on the Athletic every now and then. An off the cuff comment.

I personally think San Jose takes a shot because they have a tendency of signing our players.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
If Walker plays close to Lukonnen, it could make the game interesting. Walker just has to keep it together and control how far he takes stuff. A little too much and he's in the bin....

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Not sure of Walker’s status. At Monday’s workout he was not on the ice, 4th line was 1 player short and PS5, occasionally LW 4th line, skated with the 7 player D group. It could mean a lineup of 11F / 7D. On the other hand, it might not make much difference how they configure the lineup.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
...most of that game was unwatchable..4....2....turned it off...top line did not do much..lots of giveaways ..Wolves work harder....defense are turnover machines..#5,,#20,,,,,#21....noticed Chenier..thats about it...Soo are better..yikes.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
...most of that game was unwatchable..4....2....turned it off...top line did not do much..lots of giveaways ..Wolves work harder....defense are turnover machines..#5,,#20,,,,,#21....noticed Chenier..thats about it...Soo are better..yikes.
Big games like that should be when your top players should shine. 2 games in a row vs Sudbury where out best player was invisible.

Any scout watching last night who likes having a job would not recommend JB17 to their GM for a contract. Too up and down IMO. Our last OA to get a contract was BG23 and he was the leader of our team night in and night out which earned him that contract.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Apologies in advance for the negativity about to come. I was looking at a 10 game block prior to the Wednesday game, starting 2/13 @ SBY, ending 3/3 vs. SBY. And I thought, there are some winnable games in there, but, it didn’t take too much of a stretch of the imagination to envision a tidy 10-gamer, as in 0-10. When you factor in the quality of opposition (SBY x 2, SSM, LDN, OTT, NIA), a tough 3 in 3 to the southwest with games in 2 buildings whose teams recently defeated the Troops here (WSR,SAR), a 58 point 5th place West team after trading away 3 brilliant players (OS) who is always a tough out for the Battalion, and a team punching above their weight since offloading 2 pro prospects (MIS), you might have the makings of a season ending stretch. Hopefully they can get a few, and I see 3-7 as a possible best case scenario, with the possibles being OS, MIS and 1 of WSR/SAR. What do other fans think?

In other news, Wednesday’s Feb. 13 Battalion game ad in the Nugget’s print edition featured Thursday Feb. 7 vs. Flint, followed by Thursday Feb. 14 vs. SSM. This was at least the 2nd time I have noticed this type of mistake referring to last week's game, didn’t bother mentioning it previously.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Big games like that should be when your top players should shine. 2 games in a row vs Sudbury where out best player was invisible.

Any scout watching last night who likes having a job would not recommend JB17 to their GM for a contract. Too up and down IMO. Our last OA to get a contract was BG23 and he was the leader of our team night in and night out which earned him that contract.
Yes and BG23 lead us to the league finals , on his back with Smitty of course

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..a very watchable game...why..more effort than Sudbury game..desperate...liked purboo tonite..play him again sunday..may be good for both goalies..

Reactions: HashingMARK

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Game sheet shows Villalta left the game. What happened? Soo tries to avoid playing Ethan Taylor as much as possible.
He seemed to take a leg to head in the 2nd period and shook it off and was back for the 3ed and took a shot akwardly and went up talked to the trainer and left

Reactions: nelli27

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
Good game for MR27 tonight. North Bay was the underdog yet they were very determined to keep in this game.

Last edited:

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
Ryan Oulahan was in town to watch the game????
Wondering????? just saying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->