North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Why is Stan both Head Coach and GM? In today's game which changed we acknowledge Stan being old school so why should he influence NBB draft and players with his old school method - 3rd and 4th line has to be the toughest and meanest in the league etc
C'mon time to change the player bio - bring in more skill, speed and hockey smarts for the 3rd line and keep your 4th line as your energy and mean line
Cant disagree , as both GM/Coach he answers to no one , as coach he protects his bad draft picks (as GM) , as GM he wont fire himself , what is worse we have a owner who either doesn't care or knows nothing about hockey so it just continues .

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Was awaiting your response, I strongly believe he will recieve a contract via the NHL. Leafs have been watching him closely. If not the NHL im confident Europe will be the route a la Jake Smith, he’s got too much Size and Skill to settle for U Sports
Just to be clear , you believe he will be in the NHL with Toronto first , Europe 2nd ?

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
No. I believe if he doesn’t recieve an NHL contract he will go play in Europe.
So to be clear , you believe he will sign with a NHL team , if he doesn't he will go to Europe .
Are you also saying that if he doesn't sign with a NHL team , he will walk away from his school money to play in Europe ?

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Because I enjoy getting under your skin and living in your head rent free ;)
Much like you living at home in your parent's basement. Sorry that was mean but you left yourself open for it.
I believe Prophet was being coy with his questioning because:
A- Brazzeau is not getting a NHL contract
B- He would be crazy to flush $100,000.00 worth of free education to go play in Europe or even the ECHL
As a top 5 scorer in the league he is getting plenty of Usport offers; pick the right school, get an education, have some fun extracurricular activities and continue playing hockey.
Sets himself up perfectly; gets a start on post hockey career path, has a good time and plays hockey with a pro offer window still open.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
[QUOTE="INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE, post: 156373569, member: 282661"
[/QUOTE]
Your inability to be the slightest bit positive is baffling

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Took the bait hook
Because I enjoy getting under your skin and living in your head rent free ;)
Took the bait hook , line and sinker ! Now sonny boy , make sure you have facts or examples to back up your comments going forward , don't base your post on emotion or team spirit . If you cruise other team threads you will find very good hockey people (NOT JUST FANS) giving out some real good info and as a poster you need to at least have some idea of the business side of the game or you leave yourself open to guys like me. Over & Out

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Much like you living at home in your parent's basement. Sorry that was mean but you left yourself open for it.
I believe Prophet was being coy with his questioning because:
B- He would be crazy to flush $100,000.00 worth of free education to go play in Europe or even the ECHL
As a top 5 scorer in the league he is getting plenty of Usport offers; pick the right school, get an education, have some fun extracurricular activities and continue playing hockey.
Sets himself up perfectly; gets a start on post hockey career path, has a good time and plays hockey with a pro offer window still open.
Nailed it !

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Took the bait hook

Took the bait hook , line and sinker ! Now sonny boy , make sure you have facts or examples to back up your comments going forward , don't base your post on emotion or team spirit . If you cruise other team threads you will find very good hockey people (NOT JUST FANS) giving out some real good info and as a poster you need to at least have some idea of the business side of the game or you leave yourself open to guys like me. Over & Out
Truly have no clue what you’re talking about. Brazeaus stats speaks for them selves.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
King, Struthers and NB native and former troop Brady Lyle all made the list!

Top 1999 Born Prospects Worth A Late Round Pick - The OHL Collective

Chenier and Propp could have cracked as well.
Nice article and very informative.

Personally I'll be surprised to see any Battalion skater selected this season at the NHL draft. Struthers really hasn't opened my eyes this season like I expected him to. There's really a question as to whether that offense in his game is there next season when he won't have Justin Brazeau driving the play. And I'm not sure his two-way play is where you'd like it to be for a player who doesn't really have something in his game that really stands out.

If anyone is selected, I'd put a wager on Nick King who has done nothing but impress with the opportunity he's been given in North Bay. Otherwise the Battalion will have a handful of players playing for potential UFA spots next season.

As an aside, in a Q&A with Corey Pronman, he said he's pretty certain Brazeau sees an ELC offer. The size and skill is too good to pass up on despite the fact his skating is terrible. I tend to agree. My money would be on San Jose.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Nice article and very informative.

Personally I'll be surprised to see any Battalion skater selected this season at the NHL draft. Struthers really hasn't opened my eyes this season like I expected him to. There's really a question as to whether that offense in his game is there next season when he won't have Justin Brazeau driving the play. And I'm not sure his two-way play is where you'd like it to be for a player who doesn't really have something in his game that really stands out.

If anyone is selected, I'd put a wager on Nick King who has done nothing but impress with the opportunity he's been given in North Bay. Otherwise the Battalion will have a handful of players playing for potential UFA spots next season.

As an aside, in a Q&A with Corey Pronman, he said he's pretty certain Brazeau sees an ELC offer. The size and skill is too good to pass up on despite the fact his skating is terrible. I tend to agree. My money would be on San Jose.
St Louis is my guess.

It won't be Toronto. They are building a fast puck possession team, JB17 doesn't suit that style.........at all!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->