North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Coaching from the Knights did the exact same here
If you mean Dale Hunter ? he has put a ton more kids in the NHL than Butler , if he lost his mind with the Ref's that's just not right either , but some how he gets a pass from every kid in Ontario who wants to be a Knight and have every NHL team watch them play. The 3rd & 4th liners get drafted from London. Butler doesn't need another reason for a player NOT to report , as the list is long enough already.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
If you mean Dale Hunter ? he has put a ton more kids in the NHL than Butler , if he lost his mind with the Ref's that's just not right either , but some how he gets a pass from every kid in Ontario who wants to be a Knight and have every NHL team watch them play. The 3rd & 4th liners get drafted from London. Butler doesn't need another reason for a player NOT to report , as the list is long enough already.
A coach losing it on a ref gives players a reason to report? You’re joking right

Reactions: Olden

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
I've been a sth since they came here but for the first time this year I will not buy playoff tickets (assuming they even make it). I know some people have that "support the team win or lose" mentality but there's a limit to how much head-shaking disappointment I can take. Watching the things Burghardt can do is about the only reason I'll stick out the season remaining but after that, I think I'll take up some other hobby.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
A coach losing it on a ref gives players a reason to report? You’re joking right
Not at all . you said " he was smashing the glass and went after the refs in the hall " and "drew a crowd" ...right?
Butler is a bully , past & current players don't like him much , even you said "he must go" , his coaching style is out dated and tired , players, agents, and families know all this . With him losing control like you described only confirms , that he might not be the best role model for young hockey players who would be away from home for the first time in their lives. ……….. would you let your 16 year old son leave home to play for him ? when you could go to another team that would treat your son better , teach and develop him more .

Reactions: Lycanthrope

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Not at all . you said " he was smashing the glass and went after the refs in the hall " and "drew a crowd" ...right?
Butler is a bully , past & current players don't like him much , even you said "he must go" , his coaching style is out dated and tired , players, agents, and families know all this . With him losing control like you described only confirms , that he might not be the best role model for young hockey players who would be away from home for the first time in their lives. ……….. would you let your 16 year old son leave home to play for him ? when you could go to another team that would treat your son better , teach and develop him more .
I wouldn’t put that situation down as a negative. Unprofessional sure but he was showing passion over a brutal call that ultimately cost us the game. I’d rather a coach that defends my kid compared to one that’s doesn’t care at all and let’s it happen. I still agree that he has to go.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
I wouldn’t put that situation down as a negative. Unprofessional sure but he was showing passion over a brutal call that ultimately cost us the game. I’d rather a coach that defends my kid compared to one that’s doesn’t care at all and let’s it happen. I still agree that he has to go.
Lets be clear , he wasn't defending any of the kids , he is only trying to defend his loss of the game . Yes a brutal call , it happens all the time , the problem is when the call happens to a team who is hanging on by their toe nails to a playoff spot , which is always the case here , the bad call gets magnified and the coach actions some how get justified because the 2 points are so critical .

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Lets be clear , he wasn't defending any of the kids , he is only trying to defend his loss of the game . Yes a brutal call , it happens all the time , the problem is when the call happens to a team who is hanging on by their toe nails to a playoff spot , which is always the case here , the bad call gets magnified and the coach actions some how get justified because the 2 points are so critical .
Would you prefer he take the call and not say a word. If that’s the case you’ll come and complain about his lack of heart for the team and say that’s why the refs never give us the call because they don’t fear Stan.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Would you prefer he take the call and not say a word. If that’s the case you’ll come and complain about his lack of heart for the team and say that’s why the refs never give us the call because they don’t fear Stan.
News flash sonny boy , the Ref's don't give a s--t about Stan let alone fear him , the Ref's don't call a game based on the fear they may or may not have of a coach . Discussing a call at the bench with the Ref , which I support , is totally different than chasing the Ref's into the halls and screaming so every one in the rink can hear. I think were about done here as it would appear you have a bias to Butler for some reason that clouds your objective thought process.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..that last one hand on the stick hooking call when already down a player is at least worthy of embellishment call to even it up..still down a man...a non call near the Sting net was also gas on the fire at the end...

Reactions: View from section 9

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
..that last one hand on the stick hooking call when already down a player is at least worthy of embellishment call to even it up..still down a man...a non call near the Sting net was also gas on the fire at the end...
Let's not forget the one-handed slash that Caines got called for. The officiating crew ruined what was a decent game. I'm pretty sure the icing call on Brazeau was wrong which is likely what drove Stan over the edge

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Honestly his tantrums have been a staple and to me are embarrassing and very unprofessional. It’s a wonder any of the refs can stand him. I remember a suspension one year in the playoffs against Brampton. He does also seem like a bully to me.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Honestly his tantrums have been a staple and to me are embarrassing and very unprofessional. It’s a wonder any of the refs can stand him. I remember a suspension one year in the playoffs against Brampton. He does also seem like a bully to me.
If a fan did what he did after the game , the boys in yellow would have that fan pinned in a corner until the cops got there to put the cuffs on , plain and simple. oh and would be banned from future games along with mischief charges at the very least.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
If a fan did what he did after the game , the boys in yellow would have that fan pinned in a corner until the cops got there to put the cuffs on , plain and simple. oh and would be banned from future games along with mischief charges at the very least.
Excellent point.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
You know alot about everything. Must have been watching hockey for years. Are you a scout or coach yourself. Your full of information.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
There is a very big difference between a spectator and someone on the team. If you kick 2 fans out of the arena for fighting do you kick 2 players out of the arena after a fight?

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
There is a very big difference between a spectator and someone on the team. If you kick 2 fans out of the arena for fighting do you kick 2 players out of the arena after a fight?
There is a very big difference between a player on the ice and coach in a crowded hallway after the game . There has always been fighting on the ice in hockey and society excepts that , but that same fight on the street would result in the police being involved and possible charges. My question is why would 2 fans be kicked out , but not a team official if the fight is in the same place in the hallway ? Why does the team official get a pass any where in the rink when you or I NEVER would ?

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
There is a very big difference between a player on the ice and coach in a crowded hallway after the game . There has always been fighting on the ice in hockey and society excepts that , but that same fight on the street would result in the police being involved and possible charges. My question is why would 2 fans be kicked out , but not a team official if the fight is in the same place in the hallway ? Why does the team official get a pass any where in the rink when you or I NEVER would ?
A team got screwed and Stan voices his opinion after the ref wouldn’t even approach him on the bench. Players and Coaches both are highly involved in the game. Us fans “well I’m a fan idk what you are” aren’t involved at all we just watch. If you get screwed and just sit there and take it I don’t what to tell you. I want Stan gone as much as the next guy but something like this doesn’t add more reason for a kid not to report, that such a reach. I just want to what Stan did to hurt you so much.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
A team got screwed and Stan voices his opinion after the ref wouldn’t even approach him on the bench. Players and Coaches both are highly involved in the game. Us fans “well I’m a fan idk what you are” aren’t involved at all we just watch. If you get screwed and just sit there and take it I don’t what to tell you. I want Stan gone as much as the next guy but something like this doesn’t add more reason for a kid not to report, that such a reach. I just want to what Stan did to hurt you so much.
As GM/Coach of the team , Butler is the face of the organization , his actions & behavior any where , any time are always taken into consideration by a family who's 16 year old is leaving home for hockey.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Either way you look at it the calls that game were atrocious. The league needs to penalize the refs and linesman. Either a fine or suspended for it.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
….a linesman can be dropped from the rotation....why not Len Wood and ?..they are all reviewed thruout the season...

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
what are we thinking tonight fellas? gotta be a win right? Of course working a night again so some updates would be much appreciated!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->