North Americans in Sweden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinStLouis

Sep 3, 2003
DC Metro area
Visit site
It is known of many studded swedes in the NHL making a name for themselves, best player at the moment Mr. Swede himself Peter Forsberg. What about those young North Americans trying to make names for themselves in Sweden? Anyone know the route one should take to try and make a team there? Or any European Country for that matter?

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
DieHard said:
Kevin Kantee is finnish

In Finland there are atleast the following North-Americans:

Bruce Gardiner
Rod Sarich
Glen Metropolit
Brett Harkins
Dave Stathos
Joe Murphy
Quinn Hancock
Scott Langkow
Cory Murphy
Dave Schneider
Martin Bergeron
Dylan Gyorgi
Shayne Toporowski
Jason Dawe
Brett Lievers
Alexandre Tremblay
Rob Tallas

I'm fascinated by the sum of knowledge we can have access to. This kind of question would have needed weeks to get an answer just few years ago.

MartinStLouis

Sep 3, 2003
DC Metro area
Visit site
paul99 said:
I'm fascinated by the sum of knowledge we can have access to. This kind of question would have needed weeks to get an answer just few years ago.

This is very true, however, only one of the questions were answered of the three. Does anyone have any answers for the last two questions? which are....

What about those young North Americans trying to make names for themselves in Sweden? Anyone know the route one should take to try and make a team there? Or any European Country for that matter?

Thank you for all your answers, the web kicks ass when it comes to finding information quickly!

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
MartinStLouis said:
This is very true, however, only one of the questions were answered of the three. Does anyone have any answers for the last two questions? which are....

What about those young North Americans trying to make names for themselves in Sweden? Anyone know the route one should take to try and make a team there? Or any European Country for that matter?

Thank you for all your answers, the web kicks ass when it comes to finding information quickly!

Ask the question on eurohockey.net in the fan section. There are always such questions there and always good answers in a matter of days not hours.

amp

Jan 17, 2003
Visit site
MartinStLouis said:

I would think that a big part of getting a contract in for example Sweden is having the right agent, ie. someone who has connections there.

I wonder who is the more active side when players move overseas to Europe? Do the teams contact agents to see if they have suitable players to fill certain roles in the team or is it usually the agent going through teams pimping his client?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
North Americans in Sweden

In the SEL
Mike Bales
Greg Brown
Brian Felsner
Lee Jinman
Ryan Savoia

Tier II
Nicholas Angell
Tyler Kindle
Dean Seymour
Steve Potvin

U20 Junior League
Eric Kleine
Nicholas Sirota

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
I'd say Finland is the best for north americans, the style is more similar to north american leagues than it is in sweden etc. Finnish league is considered by many to be the second best league in the world...thats why many wish to showcase there.

I know lots of them go to germany and switzerland also, but those are usually players who go to earn their pension money at the age of 38-40. The ones who come to Finland sometimes bounce back (or into) to the NHL.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
amp said:
I would think that a big part of getting a contract in for example Sweden is having the right agent, ie. someone who has connections there.

I wonder who is the more active side when players move overseas to Europe? Do the teams contact agents to see if they have suitable players to fill certain roles in the team or is it usually the agent going through teams pimping his client?

For what I know, it's the euro teams that are more active, searching for players who are just barely dropped out of the NHL and who could be helpfull.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
paul99 said:

Wait until EHM:FE comes out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->