North American Hockey League - Main Discussion Thread

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Ok I am waiting for MD to pick the last team, I am going to start working on the fantasy draft roster so we can probably start tonight.

I need some ideas for what the salary cap should be. I want to see if you guys think the same range that I am thinking. Just post your suggestions. Remember this is a smaller league so each team will have a lot of star power (and salary for that fact).

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I am going to put the fantasy draft up as soon as I hear some opinions on the salary cap.

I have it all ready to go, and we can begin tonight but I want to get the salary cap set before we go.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
65 is fine with me.

And agreed on waiting until tomorrow to start it off.

Maybe get the order finalized whenever, but have the "official" draft clock start later tomorrow?

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
No way. 65 is what I say.

I dont think 65 is possible. Think about it, you have to fit 30 teams worth of good players onto 10 teams. There are going to be a lot of stacked teams with a lot of hefty contracts.

I agree with flyguy that it needs to be somewhere between 70-75, but that's me.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
65 is fine with me.

And agreed on waiting until tomorrow to start it off.

Maybe get the order finalized whenever, but have the "official" draft clock start later tomorrow?

Yea, I don't mind starting tomorrow.

This is where some of you guys come in. I plan to get at least 2 rounds done per day, so that makes it about an hour time slot each. I have a paper that I need to work on, so if someone wants to just auto a pick if I'm not on then I'm fine with that.

I will do my best to stay on all day, however.

Actually, come to think of it, I think 70-75 may be too high. I think 67.9 should be a good number.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Hockeyalltheway-I shall kill you some day for this teamjacking:cry::rant:

Before I choose, how are we sorting the prospect pool we keep? Because Ill take Edmonton or Nashville depending on who we keep.

Moses is in it, team not decided

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Hockeyalltheway-I shall kill you some day for this teamjacking:cry::rant:

Before I choose, how are we sorting the prospect pool we keep? Because Ill take Edmonton or Nashville depending on who we keep.

Moses is in it, team not decided

Make sure you read the first post to get caught up on all the rules.

The team you pick (say Edmonton) will draft the 20 NHL spots, but you get to keep Edmonton's entire prospect system.

Prospect systems remain untouched, only NHL players are eligible to be drafted.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I think I am going to go with 68.5 (yes I added to .2 in an attempt to piss IR off :p)

Are you guys ok with that, it's almost 10 mill more than the current cap, and near 70 so everyone is happy (except IR)

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Oh I was just making sure if Im Edmonton can I keep Omark? And Petry/Chorney? Since they have been called up due to injuries

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Can I change to Nashville? Would I get to keep Blum?

I thought we might have a prospect draft, Caps prospects are kinda ******.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->