Norris Trophy Finalists: Victor Hedman (TB), Mark Giordano (CGY), and Brent Burns (SJ)

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Ah so you're stuck in the past while we're in a thread that's talking about this year.

Ah yes in the present the Kings core is still much more accomplished than the Lightnings. If you want to get even more recent the Bolts pulled off one of the most embarrassing failures in NHL history.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Ah yes in the present the Kings core is still much more accomplished than the Lightnings. If you want to get even more recent the Bolts pulled off one of the most embarrassing failures in NHL history.
Yes they accomplished missing out on a top 2 pick because of the lottery. What a shame that was

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Giordano winning is a foregone conclusion at this point.

Surprised Hedman gets top 3 with all missed games. Best defender in the league when healthy atm. Karlsson was another defender who was great in small sample size. I would have though Reilly or Letang would have got top 3 this season

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Didn't know "robbed of a nomination" was even a thing. Being nominated doesn't mean equal playing field among the finalists. They don't reset the votes and let the media vote again among the finalists so I don't see why it even should matter who of Hedman or Reilly are 3rd and 4th.

Yeah, he was robbed of 3rd place lol

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Reilly could be literally 1 voting point away from 3rd place, and people are acting like it matters. Who the hell remembers 3rd place in Norris voting?

Gio won. That's what matters.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Rielly should probably be 2nd in voting but as long as Gio wins it the end result is right anyway.

Disappointing he didnt get the recognition. Feel like Burns and Hedman got a little too much reputation credit this season.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I called the final three. NHL writers got the Norris nominees right for once.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Rielly deserved the nod over Hedman this year.

Giordano gets the prize though.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

And LAs one of the most embarrassing teams in the league

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
And LAs one of the most embarrassing teams in the league
It sometimes happens when you become a two time cup winning team. I do the same thing all over again. Though they can't be more embarrassing than the Lightning getting swept.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Also Rielly wasn't better than letang.

Rielly doesn't play enough mins imo to be considered a Norris canidiate. He isn't a staple on the PK, gets easier minutes compared to other #1Dmen.

Rielly wasn't even top 7.

I'd have Pets over him aswell.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->