Norris Discussion III

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
All I know is this wouldn't be close if Karlsson played with a top 4 Dman all year.

True... Look at all the other top defencemen. They all have a great partner, almost as good as themselves.

Karlsson played with Phillips (worst D in the league), Cowen (more brainfarts and bad positionings than Obama) and Borowiecki, who is a third pairing scrub/7th D on most teams.

Methot isn't a first pairing defenceman on more than 7-8 teams either.

Imagine Karlsson with Weber, Markov etc..

Jabrony

Oct 29, 2012
Giordano would've won the Norris yes. Not sure I'd give it to Karlsson since he was really not that good at the start of the season. I'm aware he played with Philips and that McLean sucked. To me that just means that he didn't have all the tools to be the best from start to finish. Not he's fault, but not anybody's fault either. Just unfortunate.

For me it's between Subban and Josi.

Karlsson2Turris*

Giordano would've won the Norris yes. Not sure I'd give it to Karlsson since he was really not that good at the start of the season. I'm aware he played with Philips and that McLean sucked. To me that just means that he didn't have all the tools to be the best from start to finish. Not he's fault, but not anybody's fault either. Just unfortunate.

For me it's between Subban and Josi.

This argument is very flawed. In hockey, you need decent players around you to succeed. Gretzky had elite talent too. Even Crosby struggled to put up points without good wingers this year, same with Stamkos after the MSL trade.

Take away Markov from Subban or Weber from Josi and they will struggle too.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Aside from Karlsson's weak start(which was really justified considering the context) he lead the biggest and most historic stretch run in NHL history, lead the league in points by D man and still ended up a respectable +7 while having one of the greatest second half performances by a defender in decades.

The "amazing" or "good" far outweigh the negatives.

Gio was only one who could definitely have an easy argument over him, no one else can say that however. Weber woulda won if it wasn't for bad performance in stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->