Movies: "Nope", July 2022, from Jordan Peele

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Finally got to see this now that it’s on video on demand. It’s got a couple flaws bringing together what it’s trying to say but overall I thought it was very good and a should watch. Not Get Out level but what are the odds he makes another one that good? His visual style has leveled up with each movie though IMO.

I wrote a review on my new horror movie blog if anyone wants to read it

Nope Review

I literally just started the site so it’s quite sparse but I try to put new content up every day.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Finally got to see this now that it’s on video on demand. It’s got a couple flaws bringing together what it’s trying to say but overall I thought it was very good and a should watch. Not Get Out level but what are the odds he makes another one that good? His visual style has leveled up with each movie though IMO.

I wrote a review on my new horror movie blog if anyone wants to read it

Nope Review

I literally just started the site so it’s quite sparse but I try to put new content up every day.
I read your texts on Nope and both Halloween films and I can't say I agree on much of them (except the praise for the Halloween music), but it's a pretty nice blog and any discussion about horror movies is always welcome. Hope to see you around more!

(Oh and the Halloween brother-sister reveal didn't come in part 2 but in scenes added to the original by Carpenter for the TV version)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I read your texts on Nope and both Halloween films and I can't say I agree on much of them (except the praise for the Halloween music), but it's a pretty nice blog and any discussion about horror movies is always welcome. Hope to see you around more!

(Oh and the Halloween brother-sister reveal didn't come in part 2 but in scenes added to the original by Carpenter for the TV version)
The tv version of Halloween aired for the first time the same day Halloween II opened in theaters. Setting aside that one version of Halloween is the definitive one…technically speaking Halloween II would have been shown hours before the Halloween tv version was broadcast that night and come first anyway.

At least that’s what I’m going with!

Reactions: shadow1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad