Nonis Taken To the Hospital Yesterday

• Thread starter BiggestLeafsFanEVER*
  • Start date

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

I guess Nonis got sick yesterday and had to go to the hospital

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...dave-nonis-taken-to-hospital/article14714615/

There was a scary incident in the Air Canada Centre press box on Saturday night.

With his team in a heated battle with the Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis began feeling ill and had to be attended to by arena physicians.

For precautionary reasons, he was then taken to nearby St. Michael’s Hospital and kept overnight.

The team released a statement on Sunday afternoon that Nonis, who was said to be experiencing “flu-like†symptoms, would be released later in the day.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, I got sick watching Reimer too.

(Kidding, everyone calm down)

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
So that's what Brian Burke was doing there, went all Heisenberg and slipped ricin in Nonis' coffee:sarcasm:

In all seriousness, hope he is ok and gets released today with no problems. Love Nonis.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Hopefully it was nothing serious and just nausea at the Leafs coughing up the puck.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
So that's what Brian Burke was doing their, went all Heisenberg and slipped ricin in Nonis' coffee:sarcasm:

In all seriousness, hope he is ok and gets released today with no problems. Love Nonis.

burke just gave nonis some chilli P and hes just tripping out, nothing to see here folks.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
The leafs defense through the first two periods will do that to a guy. Seriously though, hope it's nothing too severe.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Maybe he got Mercury poisoning from dining too much at the platinum level Sushi Bar during intermission?... :sarcasm:

But in all seriousness I hope he's feeling better by now.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Watching the leafs fail to clear the zone in the second period must have brought back memories of the Boston series for him. Poor guy.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Its troubling that we was kept in overnight. I hope he recovers quickly.

Not really, high profile people get treated with such kid gloves. Average guy would have stayed in the waiting room all night if he walked into the emergency with flu like symptoms. That is if he could even get in.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
geez, i hope he feels better. hopefully its nothing serious.

love the job he's done with the leafs!

Last edited:

garyjones93

Jun 2, 2012
Oh **** this is where the irl version of the movie Contagion starts ahhhhhhhhh. But I guess that's what the medical emergency was.

Yeah, I got sick watching Reimer too.

(Kidding, everyone calm down)

Haha this is perfect.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Glad he's ok and hope this little spell lights a fire under him to start living a healthier lifestyle. Stress and pressure be damned, Nonis obviously eats like garbage and the only exercise he does is when he needs extra dipping sauce from the fridge.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Its troubling that we was kept in overnight. I hope he recovers quickly.

Yea, I'm not a doctor but there has to be more to it then the "flu". Usually at best if a person goes to the ER for the flu they have some tests run to get it diagnosed, given some prescription pills and sent on their merry way within a few hours. I don't trust the medical care system one bit, just a few months ago my Uncle went down to the Dominican and he contracted a virus down there that required treatment, it wasn't considered "serious" at the time but overtime he got more ill and weak, it turned into phenumonia and he ended up passing away two weeks ago. Not saying anything like that will happen to Nonis, but I just don't trust the health care system.... hope the guy makes a full recovery.

BayStreetBullies*

Burke attacked him. Thats why he was at the game, good ol' Burkie.

Getwellsoon Dave

35drd4.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad