Nonis Draft History

Rockinz

Leafs 4 the cup
Feb 25, 2010
Leaf Land
I think Dave Nonis will need to draft well to be successful with the Leafs.

His history is as follows for the first 3 rounds:

1st round - Cory Schneider
2nd - Traded
3rd - Alexander Edler

1st round - Luc Bourdon
2nd - Mason Raymond
3rd - Traded

1st round - Michael Grabner
2nd - Traded
3rd - Daniel Rahimi

1st round - Patrick White
2nd - Taylor Ellington
3rd - Traded

Obviously their is a pattern that every year he was GM he traded a 2nd or 3rd rounders. He also made some good picks but some busts as well.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Do you think Nonis would make the draft choices, or let the scouts who actually watch these players play consistently make the call? Nothings going to change only Burke was fired, not Morrison and co.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Irrelevant, as always. The same thing with Brian Burke when he was hired.

Different scouting staff entirely. It makes a difference.

Rockinz

Leafs 4 the cup
Feb 25, 2010
Leaf Land
Usually the GM has a good grasp of what players he wants in the early rounds! Hence, only posting the first 3...

The scouts earn their paycheck after the first 90

PasDaSquini

Apr 4, 2010
So you are saying it took Schnieder 9 years to finally become a number one goalie in the league. Hmm glad most people like to give up on a prospect after one failed season.

Last edited:

PasDaSquini

Apr 4, 2010
Math isn't your strong suit is it..

It has been a tough week, with classes starting early then I am usually accustomed to, but no math is not my strong suit.

Either way 8-9 years for Schineder to finally make it to the show. Just shows that patience is a key in building a franchise. Albeit there was no rush for Schiender to play in Vancouver because of Louongo.

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
It has been a tough week, with classes starting early then I am usually accustomed to, but no math is not my strong suit.

Either way 8-9 years for Schineder to finally make it to the show. Just shows that patience is a key in building a franchise. Albeit there was no rush for Schiender to play in Vancouver because of Louongo.

I woulda put the laughing face to show I was joking but idk how :(

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012

he's been good since about 09-10.

really it only took 6 years to start showing starter ability. Pretty average for a goalie.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Usually the GM has a good grasp of what players he wants in the early rounds! Hence, only posting the first 3...

The scouts earn their paycheck after the first 90

I doubt throughout the season GM's have much time to catch Junior games, and especially any European games. They leave that up to their scouting staff. So I can't see why a GM would draft a player purely based off his opinion of a couple of games, and the combine.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I hope he focuses on drafting some centermen and upgrading the forward group, because it's in dire need of some bluechip talent.

BoHorvat53

Crabs!
Mar 29, 2010
British Columbia
Do you think Nonis would make the draft choices, or let the scouts who actually watch these players play consistently make the call? Nothings going to change only Burke was fired, not Morrison and co.

Well, there has been a shift in drafting in Vancouver ever since MG took over. We have the same scouts as before, too.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
At least he didn't trade any 1st rounders.

I don't care about analyzing GM track records; when the scouting staff are not part of the discussion. You put too much faith in the duties of a GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->