None of it matters anymore, just win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffin with tentacle

Jan 28, 2006
Ottawa
The team's been selected and five painful games later we're staring at Russia in the elimination round. We whined about McCabe and cringed at our offense. We pointed to Crosby, Phaneuf, Stillman, Savard, Tanguay and Kariya. Maybe we would have won a couple more games with them instead of the same old faces? Whatever. We're in the elimination rounds facing the same thing we would have faced with a 5-0-0 record: three TOUGH games to gold. I don't care who's on the team and what our record in the round robin was, I just want to win. As far as I'm concerned, we have the best team in the world and I want to see Gold for it!

Go Bertuzzi! Go McCabe! Go Canada Go!!!

west_coast

Dec 29, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Peter_Schaefer said:
I don't care who's on the team and what our record in the round robin was, I just want to win. As far as I'm concerned, we have the best team in the world and I want to see Gold for it!

It's great that you have so much faith, but this team does have serious flaws and need to get it together if they want to be able to keep up with the young guns from Russia.

Chandler55

Mar 9, 2004
Peter_Schaefer said:
The team's been selected and five painful games later we're staring at Russia in the elimination round. We whined about McCabe and cringed at our offense. We pointed to Crosby, Phaneuf, Stillman, Savard, Tanguay and Kariya. Maybe we would have won a couple more games with them instead of the same old faces? Whatever. We're in the elimination rounds facing the same thing we would have faced with a 5-0-0 record: three TOUGH games to gold. I don't care who's on the team and what our record in the round robin was, I just want to win. As far as I'm concerned, we have the best team in the world and I want to see Gold for it!

Go Bertuzzi! Go McCabe! Go Canada Go!!!

YA!!!!!! WOOOO :yo: :yo: :yo:

let all of canada come together and forget about whos on and off the ice, hope for the best :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Eternal Optimism. Tomorrow will be canada's last game. Excluding goaltending, this team has been downright pathetic, they have the same chances of winning gold as me getting a date with Scarlett Johansson.

Big Mama*

The_Eck said:
Eternal Optimism. Tomorrow will be canada's last game. Excluding goaltending, this team has been downright pathetic, they have the same chances of winning gold as me getting a date with Scarlett Johansson.

That can't be good.

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The_Eck said:

Actually, I think that Canada has a MUCH better chance of winning tomorrow than you'll ever have of getting a date with Scarlett Johansson in your life time...sorry but I'm pretty optimistic that Canada will be just fine tomorrow!

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
If theres one thing that unites Canadians, its the olympics and HOCKEY. They selected the team and now we have to be behind them all the way (whether or not we agree with player selection). This team to me is not as good as 2002's team but I still have to support the red and white...GO CANADA GO!!

KadoCH

Apr 18, 2004
Ya Gotta Believe

Amazing how 60 minutes can make people forget about 6 bad days so far.

Whatever happened so far is irrevalent tommorow the Olympics Men's Hockey Tournament starts it's do or die.

Canada has two things that you can't take from them and many people are discounting and that's experience and leadership. Effort comes and goes but these two are always there. You have to think the effort will be there tommorow so I predict a great game that will set the winner up very well for the semi's.

Prediction
Canada 4
Russia 3

DA DA CANADA, NYET NYET SOVJET :yo:

muffin with tentacle

Jan 28, 2006
Ottawa
BeLeafer87 said:
If theres one thing that unites Canadians, its the olympics and HOCKEY. They selected the team and now we have to be behind them all the way (whether or not we agree with player selection). This team to me is not as good as 2002's team but I still have to support the red and white...GO CANADA GO!!

Hey, I cheered McCabe! Where's the "GO HEATLEY AND REDDEN"?

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
Peter_Schaefer said:
Hey, I cheered McCabe! Where's the "GO HEATLEY AND REDDEN"?

Hey I wasn't referring to McCabe :p: I know people wanted Phaneuf on the team and what not so in general. But for now...GO REDDEN AND HEATLEY!! (I love Heatley, just when he wears a Team Canada jersey :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->