Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Finally reached 1000 in the previous thread. Only took 4+ years

cut.jpg

Last edited:

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Don't think Giants will trade for a starter, nor do they need one with the way Gausman has been pitching. They absolutely need some relief pitching though.

I think they need a front-end starter too to pair with Gausman. DeScalfani has been good, but I don't know if you want him as your #2 guy, and I'd be shaky on both Webb and Wood starting after him as well.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Don't think Giants will trade for a starter, nor do they need one with the way Gausman has been pitching. They absolutely need some relief pitching though.
I always though Gausman would do well as soon as he left Baltimore. His natural downward movement is heavy and good in a place like SF.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I always though Gausman would do well as soon as he left Baltimore. His natural downward movement is heavy and good in a place like SF.

I on the other hand, was never impressed by Gausman before now. All I remember were meatballs thrown down the middle of the plate and big loopy curveballs being hit for homeruns in Baltimore. I remember watching him and affectionately nicknaming him 'The Gasman', even though his fastball wasn't that fast. Or maybe I thought 'Gas' back then meant the ball exploding off the bat and flying into the stands with the fire emoji behind it.

Now, he reminds me of my favorite player when I was a kid, Jason Schmidt, but more consistent. Ball just sinks like crazy. Schmidt had a sinking slider back then that I loved.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I on the other hand, was never impressed by Gausman before now. All I remember were meatballs thrown down the middle of the plate and big loopy curveballs being hit for homeruns in Baltimore. I remember watching him and affectionately nicknaming him 'The Gasman', even though his fastball wasn't that fast. Or maybe I thought 'Gas' back then meant the ball exploding off the bat and flying into the stands with the fire emoji behind it.

Now, he reminds me of my favorite player when I was a kid, Jason Schmidt, but more consistent. Ball just sinks like crazy. Schmidt had a sinking slider back then that I loved.
The summer humidity in Baltimore makes it next to impossible for the pitches to sink the way they should. The marine layer definitely helps out with that.

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I think they need a front-end starter too to pair with Gausman. DeScalfani has been good, but I don't know if you want him as your #2 guy, and I'd be shaky on both Webb and Wood starting after him as well.
Yea the more I think about it the more I think we probably could use another top starter. I wonder what the Nats would want for Scherzer.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
A’s add Josh Harrison and Yan Gomes from Nats.

Looks like the Giants made a last minute deal for Kris Bryant.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Sounds like Bryant wants to stick around long term like Bonds did instead of becoming just a rental like Scherzer and the rest of the high end players that got traded this week.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Huge loss for the A's. This season is realistically their last chance at a title with the current core, so this is a massive and unfortunately timed loss.

He lost that game within the game. Slipping up in the testing game vs. going 0-for-4 is definitely a heavier penalty for himself and the team.

I'm guessing the A's knew earlier (and then it went through appeals) and that maybe influenced them going for Marte instead of Cruz.

Interesting that Marte (former PED suspendee after "unknowingly" ingesting a substance) is one of the replacements in the OF. ;) EDIT: now that I think of it, the same would've applied to Cruz (though probably as DH)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->