Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Finally the day is here. All the rumors and speculation will come to an end. Wait, Rodgers wants out of GB? Now there'll be months of speculation of Rodgers to 49ers. Meanwhile DW will quietly pull an Eichel deal out of nowhere.

Reactions: Sandisfan

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Great pick, excited to see what he can do with Shanahan's playbook!
With NE getting Jones and Chicago getting Fields really limits the destinations that Jimmy and be moved to. At this point, Jimmy is probably thinking he very well gets cut late in the process and ends up with a low salary contract this season. SF is not obligated to release him.
See which teams in round 2 take the next batch of QBs in Mills, Mond, Trask. Narrow the market even further.

Reactions: BigDmitriy

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
With NE getting Jones and Chicago getting Fields really limits the destinations that Jimmy and be moved to. At this point, Jimmy is probably thinking he very well gets cut late in the process and ends up with a low salary contract this season. SF is not obligated to release him.
See which teams in round 2 take the next batch of QBs in Mills, Mond, Trask. Narrow the market even further.
I'd be shocked if the Niners cut him, Lance is not ready to takeover as a starter and there's no better QB to take on the mentor role than Jimmy. Niners are okay salary-wise this season, move on from Jimmy end of the year and they can use that money for Warner, etc.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Even Las Vegas Ballpark has advantages over Oakland Coliseum

Paywall. Athletics brass heading to Las Vegas to check things out. (There are plans for a Henderson stadium in someone's filing cabinet, but apparently, they aren't looking at Henderson.)

With the MiLB Aviators selling out their 9k+ facility at $60/ticket on average, there's the potential for the A's to play from that until new facility is built.
Oakland city council is going to vote on the financial plans at the July 20th meeting. It’s already a formality that they’re going to approve it and then all that’s stopping it is the environmental vote.

Sorry, you guys aren’t stealing another Oakland team.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

This is from 4-5 nights ago. Vegas is and always was just leverage to get the ball rolling from Oakland city council.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
if Manfred had any balls the A's would be playing in San Jose by now.

What could Manfred do if the Giants hold the territory rights and refuse to cooperate? I don't think there's anything he can do. It's a dick move by the Giants but they have all the leverage there.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Territorial Rights can be taken away as easy as they can be given. Especially when they were given under a false pretense in the Giants case.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
What could Manfred do if the Giants hold the territory rights and refuse to cooperate? I don't think there's anything he can do. It's a dick move by the Giants but they have all the leverage there.
And why do they hold those rights, again??

Giants ownership are pieces of shit.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Because they purchased them from previous ownerships being given those rights. You can moralize it all you want but they're in the right and it's not like current A's ownership or current Giants ownership had any hand in how this all went down.
They didn’t purchase anything. Haas loaned his portion to the Giants so that they could look for locations in the surrounding Bay Area when previous ownership tried to sell you guys and move you to St Pete. According to Haas there was an agreement in place to give the A’s their rightful half back when the Giants stayed in SF. If you want to argue that with Wally himself, go ahead.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They didn’t purchase anything. Haas loaned his portion to the Giants so that they could look for locations in the surrounding Bay Area when previous ownership tried to sell you guys and move you to St Pete. According to Haas there was an agreement in place to give the A’s their rightful half back when the Giants stayed in SF. If you want to argue that with Wally himself, go ahead.

Except they did and these rights have been reaffirmed four different times including times well after they settled in China Basin. All these ownership groups knew this before purchasing the team. They're simply trying to pressure their way into the Giants relenting when they have no reason to do so. You can bitch and moan over it but you're simply not in the right in any way, shape, or form on the legality of it. It's their territory and it's been confirmed as such numerous times and all parties are aware of it. That's why the league has consistently sided with the Giants on this because every piece of tangible evidence supports them having the rights, plain and simple.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Except they did and these rights have been reaffirmed four different times including times well after they settled in China Basin. All these ownership groups knew this before purchasing the team. They're simply trying to pressure their way into the Giants relenting when they have no reason to do so. You can bitch and moan over it but you're simply not in the right in any way, shape, or form on the legality of it. It's their territory and it's been confirmed as such numerous times and all parties are aware of it. That's why the league has consistently sided with the Giants on this because every piece of tangible evidence supports them having the rights, plain and simple.
What the mlb rules and what actually happened are two different things. Reaffirmation was never contested because there was never a thought the Giants would do what they did if the A’s had to find an alternative Bay Area location. I take Haas at his word a lot more than I take anything anyone else says, including you. But it’s is nice that you’ve brought up all the bs talking points from 2012. Well done. Even made sure to throw in a weak ass insult. How very McCovey Cove of you.

I remember Giants fans in the 90’s having a difficult time at the thought of losing their team. How time and a new shiny stadium turns some people into douchebags.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What the mlb rules and what actually happened are two different things. Reaffirmation was never contested because there was never a thought the Giants would do what they did if the A’s had to find an alternative Bay Area location. I take Haas at his word a lot more than I take anything anyone else says, including you. But it’s is nice that you’ve brought up all the bs talking points from 2012. Well done. Even made sure to throw in a weak ass insult. How very McCovey Cove of you.

I remember Giants fans in the 90’s having a difficult time at the thought of losing their team. How time and a new shiny stadium turns some people into douchebags.

That's because you're taking the word of what benefits your team and your argument and disregarding anything else. That makes you irrational. I'm very sympathetic of the A's as I like them as well but it is what it is and you're just not being reasonable regarding it.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That's because you're taking the word of what benefits your team and your argument and disregarding anything else. That makes you irrational. I'm very sympathetic of the A's as I like them as well but it is what it is and you're just not being reasonable regarding it.
You’re deferring to the powers that be and the extreme letter of the law, instead of the spirit of it and the history here.

But yes, keep calling yourself sympathetic and calling me irrational and unreasonable. Mlb came to your teams aide when they were legitimately sold and set to move to St Pete. I’ve been dealing with this bullshit for over a decade while mlb doesn’t do a god damn thing to help the situation other than trying to pressure both the A’s and the city with this Vegas stunt.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The fact that every time I even search the A’s I see Vegas-based bogus articles legitimizing all the current unsubstantiated claims while failing to mention the July 20th vote is maddening. They’re purposely trying to misinform people and build more interest for that market.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You’re deferring to the powers that be and the extreme letter of the law, instead of the spirit of it and the history here.

But yes, keep calling yourself sympathetic and calling me irrational and unreasonable. Mlb came to your teams aide when they were legitimately sold and set to move to St Pete. I’ve been dealing with this bullshit for over a decade while mlb doesn’t do a god damn thing to help the situation other than trying to pressure both the A’s and the city with this Vegas stunt.

The history of it isn't on your side is sort of the point. All you have is the word of an owner that wasn't corroborated in any sort of way.

And I will call myself sympathetic since I've gone through it with the Sacramento Kings. I've been to many A's games over the years. I know that I support them and I want them to stay in Oakland. The league did what the league does. This is not unique to MLB or to the A's. This sort of anger and pain is not special. They're probably going to stay anyway so hopefully once that is actually finalized, you can let a lot of this bullshit you carry with you go.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The history of it isn't on your side is sort of the point. All you have is the word of an owner that wasn't corroborated in any sort of way.

And I will call myself sympathetic since I've gone through it with the Sacramento Kings. I've been to many A's games over the years. I know that I support them and I want them to stay in Oakland. The league did what the league does. This is not unique to MLB or to the A's. This sort of anger and pain is not special. They're probably going to stay anyway so hopefully once that is actually finalized, you can let a lot of this bullshit you carry with you go.
The Kings were different because once Johnson proved not only support but the fact the Maloof’s weren’t dealing in good faith, they voted the Seattle move down. Here mlb seems to almost want the A’s to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->