Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I do not say this lightly. For most of my adult life the 49ers have been bad. Outside of the 4 seasons we made it to the NFC Championship game, they have been lousy. But I think today's loss was the most shocking I can remember. Even with injuries this is still a very talented team and I always expect Shanahan to find a way to put points on the board. Losing 43-17 to a bad Miami team at home is just embarrassing beyond belief.

Reactions: Sandisfan

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
The Niners love embarrassing themselves.

2flW.gif

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Started it off trading Kwon Alexander for Kiko Alonso and a conditional 5th.
Definitely a smart move. I was impressed they managed to dump him to be honest. I was hoping they would move Pettis as well, but what happened with him yesterday was like something out of a movie. He gets a chance to make a play, fumbles, and gets hurt. So now moving him becomes almost impossible. Instead they'll just have to let him go after the season. It's going to be an interesting rest of the season, and I think it's time to look for another QB.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Definitely a smart move. I was impressed they managed to dump him to be honest. I was hoping they would move Pettis as well, but what happened with him yesterday was like something out of a movie. He gets a chance to make a play, fumbles, and gets hurt. So now moving him becomes almost impossible. Instead they'll just have to let him go after the season. It's going to be an interesting rest of the season, and I think it's time to look for another QB.

They need to keep Garoppolo until they draft and develop someone. He's likely their best option until then. But they should spend some early draft capital looking for a replacement soon.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
They need to keep Garoppolo until they draft and develop someone. He's likely their best option until then. But they should spend some early draft capital looking for a replacement soon.

I was wondering if we should trade for Darnold if Lynch and Shanahan want to move on from Jimmy. I get to see a lot of Sam play because of where I live, and I still think this kid can be really good.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I was wondering if we should trade for Darnold if Lynch and Shanahan want to move on from Jimmy. I get to see a lot of Sam play because of where I live, and I still think this kid can be really good.
I totally agree. I actually said this to a few friends after we played the Jets. Darnold has a stronger arm and is more athletic than Jimmy. I think Shanahan could do wonders with Darnold.

Reactions: Damien Darhk

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Man nothing can go right for the Niners. Tomorrow they’ll be missing their top 3 receivers and Trent Williams, on top of everyone else that’s already out. What a crazy year.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I don't know if Saleh was going to be offered a head coaching job with any other franchise, but I wouldn't have chosen the Jets. That franchise has been a mess for so long.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I dont know what their owner situation is like but they're actually in a pretty good position for someone to come in and build the team the way they want. They have 2 first round picks this season and next, plus a ton of salary cap space. And maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I think Darnold is still a really talented QB who can lead a franchise. Having the 2nd pick in this draft could be incredibly lucrative as well. If a team falls in love with Fields, Wilson, or one of the other QBs they may be willing to trade the Jets a great deal to move up and draft there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad