Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
21 points in the 4th quarter. Defense choked hard and Jimmy G was useless that quarter.
3-1 finals lead lost by the Warriors.
3-0 series lead lost by the Sharks.

Fitting for the bay...:(

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
21 points in the 4th quarter. Defense choked hard and Jimmy G was useless that quarter.

You can’t get curb stomped like that in the 4th quarter up by 10. That was embarrassing.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
This is just such a devastating loss! Shanahan will be remembered as a Super Bowl choker! I understand Mahomes is the best QB in the league, but how many missed tackles did they have tonight on him? Also did Richie James even get one return past the 20?

The 49ers lose in the most heartbreaking fashion in the playoffs it seems!

2011 - Kyle Williams takes a ball off the knee
2012 - The power outage Super Bowl where they forgot there was a first half.
2013 - Richard Sherman knocking away the pass to Crabtree leading to an interception

f***ing f***!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

49ers are a young team but guys will be coming off rookie deals and get paid. So it’s a lost opportunity.
Elite defences are hard to keep together Long term. Only so much cap space.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Kyle Shanahan has not learned his lesson

I had already seen every team I care about lose on the biggest stage but this might be the worst instance yet, what a genuine chokejob

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Age 30 and I have not seen my team win a title in any sport! (Sharks, 9ers, Mariners). Seriously, it was 6 minutes away...

I'm 32. I was alive to see Steve Young go off in SB29, but I wasn't really a 49ers fan at the time. I didn't officially declare myself a 49ers fan until after Young retired, and Jeff Garcia took over. Young was always my favorite player in the league. Not to mention Jerry Rice even in his twilight years was a spectacle to watch.

That being said, I'm also a Devils and Yankees fan and between those two teams I've seen 8 championships. If I'm including the 49ers SB29 win, I've seen 9 championships and 15 trips to championship round / game.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Kyle Shanahan has not learned his lesson

I had already seen every team I care about lose on the biggest stage but this might be the worst instance yet, what a genuine chokejob

What did Shanahan do wrong? Genuine question because I actually only really paid attention to the last 10 min of the Superbowl, so I didnt get the full context.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
What did Shanahan do wrong? Genuine question because I actually only really paid attention to the last 10 min of the Superbowl, so I didnt get the full context.

Didn't call a timeout with about 1:50 left in the 2nd quarter after making the Chiefs punt. Essentially displaying he was content with a tie going into half and not wanting to 'risk' any more plays prior. Then, abandons the run game for whatever reason. Mostert hits a draw play for 17 yards just under the 2 minute warning of the 4th quarter. We had all three timeouts once more and then he decides Jimmy needs to air it out the rest of the field. Just bizarre decision making and playing not to lose then playing the last two minute drill like they had no time left. Frustrating in hindsight.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Didn't call a timeout with about 1:50 left in the 2nd quarter after making the Chiefs punt. Essentially displaying he was content with a tie going into half and not wanting to 'risk' any more plays prior. Then, abandons the run game for whatever reason. Mostert hits a draw play for 17 yards just under the 2 minute warning of the 4th quarter. We had all three timeouts once more and then he decides Jimmy needs to air it out the rest of the field. Just bizarre decision making and playing not to lose then playing the last two minute drill like they had no time left. Frustrating in hindsight.
They still win if the D executes on a 3rd and 15 and Garoppolo doesn't overthrow Sanders. I feel like the game was way more about 9ers lack of executing in the 4th than Shanahan. Yeah he didn't have the perfect game but he still got them in position to ice it multiple times.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
They still win if the D executes on a 3rd and 15 and Garoppolo doesn't overthrow Sanders. I feel like the game was way more about 9ers lack of executing in the 4th than Shanahan. Yeah he didn't have the perfect game but he still got them in position to ice it multiple times.

I agree. I just think some of the play calling was slightly hindering. But that 3rd and 15 was the dagger.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ

In the 4th up by 3 with about 6 minutes left they gained 5 yards rushing on 1st down, then threw 2 incompletions for a 3 and out, KC scored to go up for the win after the punt

He lost literally the same way he did in SB51, he didn't kill the clock, and the tragedy is the run game was this team's strength

I maintain that Kyle Shanahan is a fine coach and a smart mind, but an abhorrent and atrocious play caller who is constantly getting in his own way

Jimmy sucked too, dude's barely above average

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
In the 4th up by 3 with about 6 minutes left they gained 5 yards rushing on 1st down, then threw 2 incompletions for a 3 and out, KC scored to go up for the win after the punt

He lost literally the same way he did in SB51, he didn't kill the clock, and the tragedy is the run game was this team's strength

I maintain that Kyle Shanahan is a fine coach and a smart mind, but an abhorrent and atrocious play caller who is constantly getting in his own way

Jimmy sucked too, dude's barely above average
Hard to excel when you haven't passed in over a month. Shanahan really should have found a way to get him some passing plays against the vikings and GB if he wanted his QB passing as much as he did in the SB.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hard to excel when you haven't passed in over a month. Shanahan really should have found a way to get him some passing plays against the vikings and GB if he wanted his QB passing as much as he did in the SB.

I think he played well enough to win if they were coached like a team that wanted to win rather than not wanting to lose.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm so confused.

Buckner was one of the 2 defensive leaders on this team (alongside Sherman). You just don't trade those guys.

I'd rather have Buckner than Armstead, even for more $$. The 13th pick is real nice, but not at the cost of a 2nd-team All Pro leader of a top defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->