Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I think tbe Phillies issues were deeper than Kapler, though he had plenty of questionable moments himself. Will be interesting to see how it works out in Sf.

Btw, what about Myles Garrett? What a moron.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I feel a little bit bad as a general baseball fan that all of these failed managers are getting more chances. I have that mindset in all sports. I like seeing new minds and new ideas.
He’s not a particularly good manager, and the Giants have lots of work to do. I have little to no expectations for them at the moment or the foreseeable future.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Giants just needed a warm body as the manager until they actually get the talent on their roster. They'll can him before they become really competitive again.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Good point.

They should have went full scorched earth at the trade deadline rather than believing that they could make a run.

Well they kind of went halfway on that. They sold a piece or two and bought to an extent but they didn't fully commit in either direction but they could've gotten at least one more decent piece if they rented Bum out. Oh well, they weren't going to get that great of a piece for Bum but whatever.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
That was nuts. You could make an argument the two best games of the year were the games these two played against each other.

Carroll being a dolt and not realizing the clock was running was the highlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad