Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Basketball drama is so silly. You would never see this kind of thing happen in hockey.

There's plenty of melodramatic stuff in hockey. Burns and Sheppard got into a pretty heated argument during practice. Bryzgalov drama, Kane and Byfuglien, Thornton and DW. And those are just off the topic of my head. Probably a ton of unreported stuff with Nabokov and defenseman (calling out Vlasic for not blocking a shot, etc).

Then you have more serious things like everything Sens related.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
There's plenty of melodramatic stuff in hockey. Burns and Sheppard got into a pretty heated argument during practice. Bryzgalov drama, Kane and Byfuglien, Thornton and DW. And those are just off the topic of my head. Probably a ton of unreported stuff with Nabokov and defenseman (calling out Vlasic for not blocking a shot, etc).

Then you have more serious things like everything Sens related.

I’ve never seen two hockey players on cam screaming at each other after a game and I’ve never heard of a team suspending a player without play because of a verbal altercation.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Durant is gonna leave the Warriors, Karlsson is gonna leave the Sharks, and the Niners and Giants will probably suck for a few more years. Fun times.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'll be glad to see Oakland keep the A's but that design seems like good-AAA'ish to me and not major leagues.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I'm not sure if I dig the Soria signing and the Profar trade for the A's. Soria over the hill and injury prone and Profar's BA is on the wrong side of .250 on a team that already has issues getting on base. They'd be better off trying to keep Lowrie.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Congrats to Kittle for setting the record for single season yards by a TE. Pretty crazy that he did it with this Niners team and 3 different QBs.

Reactions: Grave and Sandisfan

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
The move of the Warriors to SF raises questions about what to do with the Oracle.

Easy. I have proposed all 7 FBS schools in California add D1 men's ice hockey.

Cal can purchase the Oracle and renovate it into a more intimate arena for college hockey, though the Oracle name will likely be dropped.

With the Sharks building a small spectator arena near their practice rink, I expect that the Barracuda will move there. San Jose State can use the arena too for D1 hockey.

Stanford then can share the Sharks' arena for ice hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad