Non- Sellouts in Larger Markets

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Why would Vancouver build a new arena? Rogers arena is still a very nice place to watch games at. The site lines are good and location is ideal with the transit system right there. I don't agree with building an arena just to have something new. Now if it was anything like the old Rexall or the coliseum then I would be okay with it.
Just using them as an example of how difficult it would be to find another location to accommodate rapid transit.

Canucks own the arena so they will continue to make upgrades to it over time.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Why would Vancouver build a new arena? Rogers arena is still a very nice place to watch games at. The site lines are good and location is ideal with the transit system right there. I don't agree with building an arena just to have something new. Now if it was anything like the old Rexall or the coliseum then I would be okay with it.

Canucks Sports & Entertainment have kept the building in great shape. Hard to believe it will be 25 years old this September. I keep thinking one day they'll do a massive renovation like TD Garden or MSG, but even that still many years away. I could see them renovating the exterior of the building in the near future, but that's about it.

Reactions: BiggBird

BiggBird

Dec 30, 2018
Canucks Sports & Entertainment have kept the building in great shape. Hard to believe it will be 25 years old this September. I keep thinking one day they'll do a massive renovation like TD Garden or MSG, but even that still many years away. I could see them renovating the exterior of the building in the near future, but that's about it.

Hard to believe that Rogers arena is that old. I agree with you that they had done a great job at keeping the building up to date. In all honesty I am not sure what they could upgrade? I remember that they did the jumbotron recently.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hard to believe that Rogers arena is that old. I agree with you that they had done a great job at keeping the building up to date. In all honesty I am not sure what they could upgrade? I remember that they did the jumbotron recently.
I think they’d probably like to widen the concourses if or when they take down the viaducts. But the city would likely have other plans for the space.

there’s no better place in the city to have the arena. The stadium station was already there when they built the arena.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->