Speculation: Non-Russian KHL players who could play in the NHL next season

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Any news on former Canucks/Blackhawks prospect Philip Holm?

The Swedish defenseman scored 10 goals for Jokerit last year but doesn't seem to be signed anywhere yet.

Has he retired (at 30) or is he still looking at options?

Gieser

May 3, 2019
Hartikainen was a promising young player for Edm. showed a lot of promise. Very physical 220 lbs and was a decent point getter. But management? was defining who he was and didn’t want to pay him. So he said to heck with it I’ll play elsewhere. Otherwise this is what they are looking for right now.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Hartikainen was a promising young player for Edm. showed a lot of promise. Very physical 220 lbs and was a decent point getter. But management? was defining who he was and didn’t want to pay him. So he said to heck with it I’ll play elsewhere. Otherwise this is what they are looking for right now.
Interestingly enough he played better on the smaller ice surface in the Olympics than the slightly bigger rinks in the world champs. He is not fast by any stretch, but is seldom caught in the wrong spot. He is a bit too old to give North America a shot though.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Jussi Olkinuora signed a two way deal with Detroit for 750k. He's had a lot of success with team Finland. He was a starter for the WHC gold winning team about a month ago and he got WHC silver as a start a year ago. He's been good in the KHL as well. I wonder if they would sent him to AHL for too long, would Olkinuora run back to Europe where he has a deal with a Swiss team of NLA.

Otto Leskinen signed a deal with Montreal (again). He was with Jokerit of KHL last season.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Not as high profile as some of the other guys available but curious about former Kitchener Rangers forward Adam Liska since he is only 22. Haven't heard of him signing anywhere yet and he did play with Slovakia at the WC.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

It will be interesting to see how he'll do in the NHL. Many people are doubting his size. I think that he's good enough to play in the NHL regardless of his size. My guess is that for a smaller player injury risk is higher, so he might miss a few games at some point of the season. He will make Vegas' PP stronger. That's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad