NCAA GDT: Non-Playoff 2015 Bowl Games

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
The SEC set an NCAA record by becoming the first Conference to have 8 Bowl wins.

1916968_10153435290247832_5112074154962253653_n.jpg

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The playoff shouldn't count. They'll have 9 and its because the same team played twice.

Impressive however I'm not big on basing anything off bowl season. Too many factors along with the games basically being exhibitions. You don't get to pick the matchups.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The SEC set an NCAA record by becoming the first Conference to have 8 Bowl wins.

1916968_10153435290247832_5112074154962253653_n.jpg

Seriously? It took this long? That's weak from every conference. Well except the ones that never had that many or had like 10 or less

Also pretty weak considering the sec played teams like Texas tech but whateva

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Why should that not count? Or are you just saying it shouldn't count for the record number of bowl wins?

Since its the playoffs I really wouldn't count that as a bowl win anymore.

Oh well still the sugar bowl or whatever it was champs if said team loses

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Well Musburger wasn't calling the game lol

WV girls are nothing special though.

I dunno man, some of the feature twirlers in the band over the years have been just... jebus. :amazed:

On the whole though I won't disagree too much though. We had some quality but definitely not anywhere near the quantity of an ASU or FSU.

So as to avoid all babe-threading this, I'm still not sure what to make of Howard. He's a turnover machine but then he has nights like last night where he just goes off.

Sep 19, 2008
Startled to wake up today and learn of TCU's comeback. Thought that game was over

Oregon struggled without VA

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States

It would have been nine wins if A&M didn't lose Murray and Allen at the same time.

Startled to wake up today and learn of TCU's comeback. Thought that game was over

Oregon struggled without VA

I still can't believe I stopped watching the game during halftime

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
SEC winning 8 isn't really anything super special, only been a few years since that's really been possible due to the inflation of bowl games. SEC tends to get good match-ups and quasi home games in bowls in their own backyard (they may as well have played the Sugar Bowl in Oxford).

When I say good match-ups, I mean that they tend to 'play down' as in each SEC team tends to face teams lower on the totem pole in their respective conference.
This tends to happen because they play so many bowls vs the Big Ten and Big Ten teams are probably the most popular picks for bowl committees due to their large and travel-enthusiastic fan bases. As a result it's fairly common for SEC #2 to play Big Ten #3, SEC #3 vs Big Ten #4 etc.

Take this year, where because of OSU going to the Fiesta, Big Ten #4 Michigan played SEC #3 Florida, Big Ten #5 Northwestern played SEC #4 Tennessee, then because Wisconsin went off to play USC out in California, Big Ten #7 Penn State was left to play SEC #5 Georgia.

The Big Ten tends to end up in really the toughest bowl match-ups because they ironically do too good a job securing attractive bowl tie-ins.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I dunno man, some of the feature twirlers in the band over the years have been just... jebus. :amazed:

On the whole though I won't disagree too much though. We had some quality but definitely not anywhere near the quantity of an ASU or FSU.

So as to avoid all babe-threading this, I'm still not sure what to make of Howard. He's a turnover machine but then he has nights like last night where he just goes off.

with enough moonshine, anyone would look like a 10 :sarcasm:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Trust me... Arizona State's pass defense was brutal all year. They shattered the school record for passing yards per game allowed (I think they "beat" it by close to 40 yards per game.). So, if I were you, I wouldn't put much stock into that performance.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Seriously? It took this long? That's weak from every conference. Well except the ones that never had that many or had like 10 or less

Also pretty weak considering the sec played teams like Texas tech but whateva

If you exclude the playoff the SEC teams had a lot of weak games. Excluding maybe Florida playing Michigan and Tennessee playing Northwestern. Florida got wrecked. I guess OK State is okay but I hate these games because Ole Miss played in SEC country and it was apparent OK State didn't care. Sometimes teams don't care. That's a factor not to ignore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->