GDT: Non-Panthers NHL playoffs talk

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Hutchinson starting? Brb putting life savings on Dallas

Dont listen to me, I didnt think they were starting Bishop!

Last edited:

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
As much hate as the Isles get...I'm coming around to them. Watching these underdogs outwork their opponents and play as a team..almost reminds me of '96 Panthers and what we all love about hockey. No prima donna bull shit, no I in team, just get the job done. I'm starting to like these guys... In so many ways it's what I wish our team was...

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
As much hate as the Isles get...I'm coming around to them. Watching these underdogs outwork their opponents and play as a team..almost reminds me of '96 Panthers and what we all love about hockey. No prima donna bull shit, no I in team, just get the job done. I'm starting to like these guys... In so many ways it's what I wish our team was...

I like that too. They’re gonna come up short though I think, don’t have enough high end firepower.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I don't think the '96 Panthers is what everyone loves about hockey. I recently watched one of the games in the finals, and that was brutal. An underskilled team using their sticks more on opposing skaters than on the puck, doing their best to not play hockey. The rules have changed a lot to eliminate that stuff, so even if the Islanders are incredibly boring to watch they at least use positioning skills rather than rule infractions to suck the life out of their opponents. That said, I would much rather our team was the '96 Avalanche than the '96 Panthers. :)

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I don't think the '96 Panthers is what everyone loves about hockey. I recently watched one of the games in the finals, and that was brutal. An underskilled team using their sticks more on opposing skaters than on the puck, doing their best to not play hockey. The rules have changed a lot to eliminate that stuff, so even if the Islanders are incredibly boring to watch they at least use positioning skills rather than rule infractions to suck the life out of their opponents. That said, I would much rather our team was the '96 Avalanche than the '96 Panthers. :)

I mean more in the sense of how the players are coming together, playing for each other and the logo on the front, not the name on the back, and winning games through hard work. I'm probably biased but I feel like hockey more than the other major league sports is a team sport that best exemplifies those characteristics.

Yeah '96 panthers clutch and grab... Whatever, all the teams did that and it was 'allowed'. They just figured out how to do it better that year than others and worked their asses off.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
What a game by Demko. Wow. Really earned that shutout.
Also, bad moment with Virtanen here at the end... hopefully he's okay, never like a guy getting hurt.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Gutsy win by the Flyers too. I hope Panther players are watching the extra effort. (Although I don’t care if Yandle is watching, he won’t get it anyway.)

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Gutsy win by the Flyers too. I hope Panther players are watching the extra effort. (Although I don’t care if Yandle is watching, he won’t get it anyway.)
The Islanders still haven't won when giving up 3+ goals, which is impressive because their offense has been better than expected.

I agree that the Panthers should take not of what the Flyers are doing. They are playing big and slow, but with cohesion and determination. I think they are better at conserving energy and outlast the Islanders, and their style of play has a higher ceiling (even if Trotz does have more rings than Vigneault, the latter has won more President's trophies).

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Remember when we drafted Hawyerluk over Demko because Tallon promised Jayce we'd draft him if he was still there?

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Remember when we drafted Hawyerluk over Demko because Tallon promised Jayce we'd draft him if he was still there?
Ottawa may still make that look like a reasonable choice. Brayden Point going two rounds later may be tougher.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Lmao the Isles are gonna get straight rekt by Tampa.
I hope so but unless Tampa players are going to focus on hitting Barzal and Lee and Eberly and Beauvillier and Pageau, and unless they’re committed to breaking the rhythm of the Isles’ constant motion game plan, they won’t.

I’m surprised that so far Panthers, Caps and Flyers all have looked way worse conditioned than the Isles. I find it hard to believe their physical shape is as much below the Isles as it looks, I think it’s team commitment that’s lacking.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
1259340.jpg

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I hope so but unless Tampa players are going to focus on hitting Barzal and Lee and Eberly and Beauvillier and Pageau, and unless they’re committed to breaking the rhythm of the Isles’ constant motion game plan, they won’t.

I’m surprised that so far Panthers, Caps and Flyers all have looked way worse conditioned than the Isles. I find it hard to believe their physical shape is as much below the Isles as it looks, I think it’s team commitment that’s lacking.
Maybe something is to say about being frustrated. Maybe mental frustration affects you physically.

I know it does for me. It’s like when I get frustrated, I have negative signals blocking my concentration, and my elevator doesn’t go all the way to the top.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Maybe something is to say about being frustrated. Maybe mental frustration affects you physically.

I know it does for me. It’s like when I get frustrated, I have negative signals blocking my concentration, and my elevator doesn’t go all the way to the top.
Maybe. That’s a good thought. Frustration certainly de-focuses people.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->