GDT: Non-Panthers NFL Discussion part 2: Commence rookie QBs

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Not sure that's THAT much better for Lawrence. Minshew is hardly the problem with the Jags, their passing game is middle of the pack and he has a solid TD-INT ratio and completion pct. Their defense being pure shit and the lack of a running game is the bigger issue with the team

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The QB class is pretty deep but to be honest after Lawrence I'd hate to have to rank them even if I were getting paid like NFL management and scouts. Fields looks like the obvious number two but I don't think he did much to differentiate himself from guys like Wilson and Trask. Lance is a complete wild card too. Panthers who need a QB will be rolling the dice if they take a QB.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Not sure that's THAT much better for Lawrence. Minshew is hardly the problem with the Jags, their passing game is middle of the pack and he has a solid TD-INT ratio and completion pct. Their defense being pure shit and the lack of a running game is the bigger issue with the team
I'd still prefer playing for Jacksonville, they've at least shown competency in the last few years. And the fit is much better for both sides, IMO. I have to think Trevor is happy too.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'd still prefer playing for Jacksonville, they've at least shown competency in the last few years. And the fit is much better for both sides, IMO. I have to think Trevor is happy too.
Oh there's no doubt that Jacksonville's a better fit for Trevor, more a matter of that Trevor's not what the Jags need. I wouldn't be shocked to see them move Minshew to a team in need of a QB for a pick/picks if they stay where they are though.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Lawrence going to the Jags could be the last line of defense of keeping that franchise in Duval. They very well still could leave but having a generational talent should give them some stability for a while.
Trevor Lawrence QB, London Jaguars

But really, the Jaguars should do everything in their power to make good of their current blessing.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Fins face Raiders and Bills
Raiders go against the aforementioned Fins and Broncos
Ravens go against Bengals and Giants
Browns go against Jets and Steelers.
Titans go against Texans and Packers
Colts square off against Jags and Steelers.

Raiders need two wins and outside help. They no longer threaten Cleveland.
Fins go against a team that still has a chance and pretty scary Buffalo that fights for potential number two spot.
Ravens are very likely to go 2-0, which annoys me because Browns need more wins because they lose the tiebreaker.
Browns MUST beat Jets and if there was time for them to beat Steelers it's now.
Jags aren't stupid enough to beat Colts, so Indy should get in.
Titans still have a game on their hands, because Texans will attempt something since Miami has their picks if I am not mistaken.

Cleveland should make it, the question is if they keep the fifth spot. Their best chance is against AFC South teams.

Reactions: HisIceness

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Good for the Jags, nice to see them as the favorite for Lawrence at this point. I will probably be wrong but I can't see any team beating the Chiefs in January/February. Repeat seems inevitable to me, and I'd be happy to see it. Love Mahomes and Reid.

Reactions: HisIceness

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I hate dynasties by definition. Bunch of select few hoggling all the shit. Gotta give credit to Patriots, because their titles are really spread across the decade.

WTF is wrong with Steelers? Not that I mind, since this still gives chance to Browns to take the division... but Bungles?

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I hate dynasties by definition. Bunch of select few hoggling all the shit. Gotta give credit to Patriots, because their titles are really spread across the decade.

WTF is wrong with Steelers? Not that I mind, since this still gives chance to Browns to take the division... but Bungles?

Patriots essentially had two separate dynasties (although all 6 championships have asterisks...) One in the early 2000s and then one in the mid 2010s. 3 in 4 years and then 3 in 5 years over a decade later...

Steelers schedule was really easy and things were going their way for a while. I'm not completely shocked. Division games are always weird so the Bengals game isn't that crazy, and Bills and Washington are both actually pretty good teams. Steelers are a great team, not in that top tier with the likes of the Chiefs, Packers, Saints if you ask me, but they'll get things pulled back together and still probably make a run this year.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Patriots essentially had two separate dynasties (although all 6 championships have asterisks...) One in the early 2000s and then one in the mid 2010s. 3 in 4 years and then 3 in 5 years over a decade later...

Steelers schedule was really easy and things were going their way for a while. I'm not completely shocked. Division games are always weird so the Bengals game isn't that crazy, and Bills and Washington are both actually pretty good teams. Steelers are a great team, not in that top tier with the likes of the Chiefs, Packers, Saints if you ask me, but they'll get things pulled back together and still probably make a run this year.
I still want Browns to stab them.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

They have no running game, and a ton of injuries on D. One dimensional offenses usually don't win in the NFL shy of God-tier seasons from multiple players which they're not getting right now.

Reactions: Tryamw

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
They have no running game, and a ton of injuries on D. One dimensional offenses usually don't win in the NFL shy of God-tier seasons from multiple players which they're not getting right now.
Imagine not having a good running game.

*Laughs in Titans and Browns.*

Reactions: DaveG

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They lost to us when we were starting a QB who wouldn't even make the Hamilton Ticats roster LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad