GDT: Non-Panthers NFL Discussion (2017 and beyond)

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Like with anything, if you go into a thread about a topic, and **** all over the topic, you might get push back. That doesn't mean you can't post about it or that we aren't all still friends. I apologize for making the comment that started your frustration, it just seemed like a few times now you brought up the same thing (though I might be wrong) and I found it a bit odd to be so frustrated by it, but continuing to post in a thread about it. I just thought you would have peaced out on the NFL by now based on previous comments. Again, I'm sorry to be part of making you so upset.

I don't think discussing the decline of the NFL's credibility as a sports league should be off the table. I'm far from the only person these days with that particular criticism.

If I've mentioned it a few times, it amounts to three posts over a span of a month or so, contained to this thread. It's not like I'm here steering threads about Canes training camp or any other threads into talk about my dissatisfaction with the NFL.

For the record:

GDT: - Carolina Panthers part 2: Newton strikes back

GDT: - Non-Panthers NFL Discussion (2017 and beyond)

GDT: - Non-Panthers NFL Discussion (2017 and beyond)

So apparently I made 3 posts about this. Two of them were like a month ago and I only posted them in two different threads because there two different threads at the top of the board at the time, probably, because that's how I tend to view and post on the board. The third was yesterday.

I mean, if that's too much, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to agitate anyone, I did not at all think having this particular opinion or expressing it 3 times over the span of a month was out of bounds, nor did I even remember one of the first two posts, probably because I was drunk at the time (or just old /senile enough to forget having done it).

anyway, I'll beg out now, sorry for being an apparent nuisance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Navin R Slavin

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Mediocre would be giving him too much credit. He sucks.
I mean he is about as good of a backup as you can reasonably have. I'd certainly take him over Kyle Allen or Will Grier. The Rams have a really good defense and he has shown he can be an average QB before in the league. Obviously it's a steep drop off from Brees though, but Kamara and Thomas are too good for the Saints offense to be too inept.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Saints schedule sets up okay for them to at least tread water if the timetable on Brees is correct. Then he can ball out to finish the season and they'll be as dangerous as anyone should they get in.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I still think the Saints win the division for now. I'm not sold on the Falcons or Buccaneers just yet.

On another note, this years installment of the Miami Dolphins might be the worst team I've ever seen.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
In one offseason, AB has managed to go from a $20M guarantee in PIT ... to $0. Oh, and he was 2 days away from $30M in OAK before acting a fool and getting cut and now this with NE (which was to be $15M).

He'll be broke in 2 years.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Saints get away with 2 defensive holding on 4 and 1 but I don't think it was the difference.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Just put these signs every 100 feet in Paul Brown Stadium already:
20190920_224945.jpg

Reactions: HisIceness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad