GDT: Non-Panthers NFL Discussion (2017 and beyond)

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If Jason Garrett is still the Dallas coach next season he is never getting fired. Wade Phillips got fired for less, good lord.

It would also appear the Bengals are returning to reality.
I'm not sure getting smoked by the Chiefs really qualifies as reality. Their offense is spectacular.

Garrett is a bad coach. I think they should hold onto him.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Maybe I'm all alone, but on that game, the word that comes to mind isn't "great". it's "sloppy."

Was not a well-played game in terms of fundamentals. Tons of turnovers and flags and a lot of bad offense and bad defense. I know it sounds weird to say the phrase "bad offense" in a game that had 105 points but it was all on big plays. I didn't see great blocks or lots of amazing contested catches.

I guess casual fans like it and people who come in to watch the ending of a game, but meh. High scoring games can be well played but this was not one of them.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Maybe I'm all alone, but on that game, the word that comes to mind isn't "great". it's "sloppy."

Was not a well-played game in terms of fundamentals. Tons of turnovers and flags and a lot of bad offense and bad defense. I know it sounds weird to say the phrase "bad offense" in a game that had 105 points but it was all on big plays. I didn't see great blocks or lots of amazing contested catches.

I guess casual fans like it and people who come in to watch the ending of a game, but meh. High scoring games can be well played but this was not one of them.
I completely agree. It was fun, but as I said, by no means one of the best games I've seen, even in the regular season. Took forever, too many penalties, many of the turnovers were from awful play by the offensive players, and like I said, offensive games like this are becoming more regular. I like a good bit of offense, but it just feels like they've tipped the scales a bit too far in that direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad