Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Can confirm, per source, that George Gosbee is key player in bid to buy #Coyotes. Am also told this bid is to keep the #Coyotes in Glendale."

"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: To further clarify, Gosbee is working with Anthony LeBlanc to keep team in Glendale."

OOEEL

Apr 9, 2012
Arizona
@cmorgancbsfoxaz:

Can confirm, per source, that George Gosbee is key player in bid to buy #Coyotes. Am also told this bid is to keep the #Coyotes in Glendale

To further clarify, Gosbee is working with Anthony LeBlanc to keep team in Glendale.

SmokeScreen_IV.png

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
No. If anyone takes the team to Quebec, it has to be PKP. Just like any owner in Seattle has to be on good terms with the group bidding for the Kings.

Leblanc is too little, too late.

You need to wring out that blanket a bit, finally someone with actual money looks to be stepping up to the plate. We'll have to wait and see what unfolds, again.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Glendale also believes Anthony is their most serious lead candidate. ..credit goes to a fellow poster on getting that one to me.
"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Am told an out-clause has not been discussed on this particular deal."

"@JSportsnet: To all those asking, the goal of Gosbee and his Investors is to keep the Coyotes in Glendale. #norelocation"

The hard sell is being put on by the NHL today. May have to do with the Kings deal that may keep them there. I heard Seattle was the main target but no Kings, no arena.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Glendale also believes Anthony is their most serious lead candidate. ..credit goes to a fellow poster on getting that one to me.

It also sounds like the league is getting impatient, as per Dreger, time for the annual springtime dog and pony show. However this falls, it looks like it will be over soon one way or the other.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Yeah, so my econ teacher is talking about the Goldwater institute right now, and now I want to break my desk in half. Anyway is LeBlanc the same guy who was head Ice Edge during their attempted purchase a few years back?

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
officer-barbrady-picture.jpg

I don't really see anything much of a real news and noting of the news we want to hear right now that confirms either way 100% the future of the team.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Anyway is LeBlanc the same guy who was head Ice Edge during their attempted purchase a few years back?[/QUOTE said:
Yes that's him. The rumour going around of late was that he had landed a whale with actual money this time around; we now know who the whale was. They were also seen at the Detroit game together hanging out with Woods, McCain and Alice Cooper.

If this goes anywhere, time will tell, but I do feel a little better having some more info.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
New suitor emerges for Coyotes

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/nhl...merges-for-Coyotes?blockID=885387&feedID=3702

A source familiar with the situation confirmed to FOX Sports Arizona late Wednesday that AltaCorp Capital chairman and CEO George Gosbee is working with long-involved suitor Anthony LeBlanc on a proposal that will be presented to the NHL shortly. The two are part of what the source believes is the lead group in the attempt to purchase the long-rudderless franchise.

Darren Dreger of TSN reported Wednesday night that the NHL is continuing to fight to keep the club in Glendale, but short of a deal soon, a decision to relocate the Coyotes to another city could come before the playoffs begin April 30. Quebec City, Seattle and Kansas City are among the cities mentioned as possibilities.

According to the source, Gosbee and LeBlanc are working on a deal that would keep the Coyotes in Glendale, and although it is expected that any group purchasing the team would seek an out clause to relocate the team if it cannot remedy the franchise’s long-standing financial issues, the source said “that hasn’t been discussed†to this point.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
None of you could see it, but I was making that endearingly crass "showing contempt by pretending to jerk off" gesture at that story.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
If this billionare was for real, then he would have showed up along time ago. The same can be said for the other billionares in the world as well.

TeamTourigny

Formally TeamTurris & TeamTippet & TeamTocchet
Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
Springtime is here, flowers, birds, weddings, love and the annual parade of a new prospective Coyotes owner.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
So around April of 2012, this group tried to have a separate bid:

Glendale officials also looked at two other possible bids for the Coyotes. One from a Canadian group and another cash offer from an international investment group.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2012/04/11/glendale-nhl-trying-to-close-phoenix.html

Then Jamison tried to merge the bids into his group late last year:

with his only known investors, the Ice Edge group of Canadian and U.S. businessmen

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2012/12/28/Franchises/Coyotes.aspx

Then someone convinced this investor to back out, essentially killing Jamison's deal.

Jamison either lost investors late in the process over management of team

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/sto...on-money-nhl-seattle-hockey-quebec-city-arena

Shortly, this group became the lead candidate:

a new, deep-pocketed investor emerged who demanded a controlling interest

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/02/...nding_coyotes.html?blockID=857661&feedID=3702

Well all guessed its was Treliving or Gallacher. But its actually George Gosbee who wanted controlling interest; interest that Jamison did not want to give. A little background can be found here:

http://investing.businessweek.com/r...viousCapId=261035&previousTitle=Old Carco LLC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad