Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I am not actually knocking you but the first post I read was about selling tickets at prices that would make the team successful. If you believe that the team selling season seats behind the nets for $1800 per season is a good price for someone who wants to buy the team then I guess you and I see things differently. My seats here cost me $1800 per seat. I see on Dallas's website they advertise same seats for $2400 but I don't know what benefits come with that. I get some including ability to trade some games for free, parking, and ability to buy equal number for same price to any games. Looks like same seats in Anaheim are about $3000 if I read prices correctly??

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I am not actually knocking you but the first post I read was about selling tickets at prices that would make the team successful. If you believe that the team selling season seats behind the nets for $1800 per season is a good price for someone who wants to buy the team then I guess you and I see things differently. My seats here cost me $1800 per seat. I see on Dallas's website they advertise same seats for $2400 but I don't know what benefits come with that. I get some including ability to trade some games for free, parking, and ability to buy equal number for same price to any games. Looks like same seats in Anaheim are about $3000 if I read prices correctly??

OK, that helps me understand your argument because I simply couldn't find Coyote season ticket prices, it looks like it got removed.

Was $1800 the listed price or was it discounted for existing season ticket holders?

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I'm seeing 2 price points for the Ducks, lower level, behind the net; $ 62 / game for the upper half, $ 73 / game for the lower seats. For 24 games (this season), that's $ 1488 and $ 1752. For the Dallas Stars, that's $ 60 / game, or $ 1440 total.

Did you pay $ 1800 for 41 games or 24? I'm confused.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Last years season ticketholders got to renew for 45 each...new were 50 and half were 59 each in the lowers.

I see, so it would take a 20% price hike for our season ticket prices to be comparable with the two teams I was looking at (jumping from $ 50 to $ 60). Thanks.

Considering we just went through a 10% hike after a lockout and without an owner and attendance has increased, a 20% hike over the next couple of years, assuming a successful team, is not unreasonable to expect.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Oh oh memory test for me!!!! I think $1800 was my price for last year and I get that price this year for renewing before end of last season. I could be wrong on details but price is correct. That was full season and then straight pro-rated for shortened schedule. I think Coyotes are using the right approach by making ticket prices attractive for new fans. Once the team starts getting full arena on a regular basis then slowly increase prices.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Still had this floating around in case anyone was having a hard time remembering:

12-13%20New%20pricing-1.jpg

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Still had this floating around in case anyone was having a hard time remembering:

12-13%20New%20pricing-1.jpg

I don't know if we have variable pricing for single games as I have full season, but I looked at the tickets offered on the ticket exchange from the team for next weeks' Vancouver game and they are charging $45 per seat for the few they had available. On the resale part of the ticket exchange there are some up there under $40 a piece (I think $35 was the lowest I saw). Not bad return on an $18 ticket, even after paying the 10% commission.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Early renewals out...using 43 games, my lower level seats would be $50 each again with their early bird pricing.

Sec 217 upstairs early bird renewal works out to $18 each

edit: I've just been informed by my rep there is a $10 processing fee, which makes that $18.116 each :)

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Got the same email myself. Impressed by the playoff pricing, $40/game in my section if we actually make it to the SCF, $30/game if we make the WCF and $20/game in the first two rounds if I renew early (which I fully plan on doing).

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
So according to our old buddy Sunnucks, (hi mike!) Glendale wants to hire an arena consultant to help with out with the Coyotes. Anyone want to read some tea leaves and tell me what they think this means?

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
It means that they've finally realized that they don't have the knowledge or experience to actually make a deal, so they are hiring someone who might.

lockstock

Dec 16, 2007
Kauai
So according to our old buddy Sunnucks, (hi mike!) Glendale wants to hire an arena consultant to help with out with the Coyotes. Anyone want to read some tea leaves and tell me what they think this means?
Could you clarify that bolded part? You have an extra word in there. That sentence could mean completely different things depending on what you got wrong? Helping out with the Coyotes or helping without the Coyotes?

Either way, they should have done this years ago. Glendale Arena goes dark in a couple of months. They should have had their own people booking shows and taking care of arena management long ago instead of letting the arena wallow into irrelevance at the hands of the NHL. They could have hard numbers on how many shows can be booked at what kinds of profit levels and see the effects on the surrounding businesses. They would know how much it costs definitively in that short term instead of blindly trying to figure out how many hundreds of millions to give out as a subsidy. They would've had actual tax revenue coming in on the events they could've booked and from the extra business generated at all the satellite businesses. They would know just how dependent on the Coyotes they really are. Instead, they are entirely behind the 8 ball with no win scenarios on every side. This is the blind leading the deaf listening to the mute. So much incompetence to go around.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Could you clarify that bolded part? You have an extra word in there. That sentence could mean completely different things depending on what you got wrong? Helping out with the Coyotes or helping without the Coyotes?

Either way, they should have done this years ago. Glendale Arena goes dark in a couple of months. They should have had their own people booking shows and taking care of arena management long ago instead of letting the arena wallow into irrelevance at the hands of the NHL. They could have hard numbers on how many shows can be booked at what kinds of profit levels and see the effects on the surrounding businesses. They would know how much it costs definitively in that short term instead of blindly trying to figure out how many hundreds of millions to give out as a subsidy. They would've had actual tax revenue coming in on the events they could've booked and from the extra business generated at all the satellite businesses. They would know just how dependent on the Coyotes they really are. Instead, they are entirely behind the 8 ball with no win scenarios on every side. This is the blind leading the deaf listening to the mute. So much incompetence to go around.

I meant to say "help out with the Coyotes ownership situation" by negotiating an arena management deal with prospective owners. I'm not surprised the wording of that phrase confused you though, because I was worried it sounded too vague when i posted it. :laugh:

Hopefully Glendale now truly realizes just how important the Coyotes are to the financial success of Westgate, since many business owners at Westgate were hemmorrhaging money during the lockout.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
Boys, they are done like dinner. This just means the City is finally preparing for arena life without the Coyotes.

Too little too late. Sad part is, it didn't have to end this way.

NHLfan4life

Who is PKP???
Nov 22, 2010
Glendale
If they keep losing, it's done even quicker.

GB has told city council very recently that he still wants the Coyotes to stay. Most likely to stay in the SouthWest. But, I'm sure they're talking to Seattle and company too.

So far, it's all talk and speculation on moving the Yotes. But they aren't helping their case or timeline by losing 6 in a row. :help:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
If they keep losing, it's done even quicker.

GB has told city council very recently that he still wants the Coyotes to stay. Most likely to stay in the SouthWest. But, I'm sure they're talking to Seattle and company too.

So far, it's all talk and speculation on moving the Yotes. But they aren't helping their case or timeline by losing 6 in a row. :help:

Just more crap by Bettman in order to make himself not look like the bad guy and to not make the league look bad in this as well.

The team could win the stanley cup this season and that won't stop them from leaving. The truth is Glendale could be willing to make a $1 Billion deal and still no one would bite as the NHL really doesn't have anyone interested in buying the team and certainly not at the asking price.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

diceone

Aug 14, 2006
tempe
I work for a certain financial institution that is a major sponsor of the Coyotes and we have recently redesigned all of our debit cards. We still haven't ordered the redesigned Coyotes cards but we already have all of our other new card stock.

Read in to that as much as you wish, but they might just be worried that they won't be here next year.

They were going to look really nice too:
kpq8FxE.png

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
"@JSportsnet: With a report of potential relocation of Phx to Quebec,hearing that there is a new group of Canadians Investors looking at the Coyotes."

"@JSportsnet: Cdn Group has been in contact with NHL and are considered lead group in purchase. Key names in group are Anthony Leblanc and George Gosbee."

"@JSportsnet: Gosbee is head of AltaCorp Capital and Vice Chair of AIMCo, a $70 Billion investment Fund. Word is they are finalizing a proposal with NHL."

All at the game Monday in the main suite. Seen talking with Woods.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So this investment group is making a proposal that would relocate us? Where to? Quebec City?

No. If anyone takes the team to Quebec, it has to be PKP. Just like any owner in Seattle has to be on good terms with the group bidding for the Kings.

Leblanc is too little, too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad