Non-NHL or AHL teams to go see while in QC & ON?

Ram The Slot

Oct 12, 2013
Lake Taco
Hey all,

My friend and I will be in Montreal on Dec. 3rd and Leaving Toronto Dec. 7th. We are trying to catch as many games as possible during this time, willing to travel around, and I need input..

We are from a place with 1 NHL team and 2 AHL teams, so we want to go to anything except those 2 leagues (QMJHL, OHL, college, womens leagues, beer leagues, frozen pond WWF, whatever we can find.. we are going to try to go to a morning d-league basketball game for example), but I know exactly nothing about any of this stuff.

Can anyone school me a bit? I really don't want to miss out. Non-sports input is welcome too (I heard poutine can change a persons life, now it's on the list).

Thanks!

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Hey all,

My friend and I will be in Montreal on Dec. 3rd and Leaving Toronto Dec. 7th. We are trying to catch as many games as possible during this time, willing to travel around, and I need input..

We are from a place with 1 NHL team and 2 AHL teams, so we want to go to anything except those 2 leagues (QMJHL, OHL, college, womens leagues, beer leagues, frozen pond WWF, whatever we can find.. we are going to try to go to a morning d-league basketball game for example), but I know exactly nothing about any of this stuff.

Can anyone school me a bit? I really don't want to miss out. Non-sports input is welcome too (I heard poutine can change a persons life, now it's on the list).

Thanks!

OHL has some really good hockey for what it's worth, any OHL city within a 30 minute to 2 hour drive is worth see reasonably priced and very entertaining. Depending on what city your close to check the league schedules. Places like Owen Sound which is 3 hours north of Toronto has is one of the most energetic cities to catch a OHL game in.

Hope this helps AS

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Owen Sound game for $30 after fees is EXACTLY what I was hoping to find here. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Bud Gardens really is a cool mini-NHL expierience but I’ll second the Owen Sound trip too. It’s one of my all time favorite away games in any league.

Reactions: ckg927

Ram The Slot

Oct 12, 2013
Lake Taco
Well, $#!+. I just tried to buy 2 tickets and all that is left is singles... You guys werent kidding, this must be a a pretty good time if its already sold out to that extent.

Anyone have a set they wish they didn't buy?

Whats the next best thing to go to if you cant get to this game?

Also, if anyone is going fishing, knows a great brewery/distillery or knows where to see a wild or bizzare band or whatever else and feels like dragging a couple sorry-@$$ Americans around.. drop me a line. I want to really experience Toronto!

Frank the Skank

Jan 11, 2019
104 Row D 15
Well, $#!+. I just tried to buy 2 tickets and all that is left is singles... You guys werent kidding, this must be a a pretty good time if its already sold out to that extent.

Anyone have a set they wish they didn't buy?

Whats the next best thing to go to if you cant get to this game?

Also, if anyone is going fishing, knows a great brewery/distillery or knows where to see a wild or bizzare band or whatever else and feels like dragging a couple sorry-@$$ Americans around.. drop me a line. I want to really experience Toronto!

FYI more tickets get released on game day. 519-681-0800 is the box office # they open at 10am I believe. Try calling on the day of the game

Reactions: sbpointer

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
A few options I found:
AHL:
Cleveland @ Laval Dec.4. Laval is in the suburbs of Montreal.
San Antonio @ Toronto Dec.7.

OHL:
London @ Peterborough (Peterborough’s teddy bear toss). I recommend sitting along the sides, not behind the nets, especially for a teddy bear toss.
Kingston @ Peterborough Dec.7.

Other OHL teams in range are Mississauga, Hamilton, and Niagara. If you’re looking at a trip to London, Kitchener and Guelph are other cities to consider. There’s also the Brampton Beast (ECHL).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad