Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Chicago lost in OT, so the Hawks and Devils are the other two teams without a win (but with points). The Wild are alone in 31st for the time being.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
And half of this board rejoices.
The other half is like.... well, not much we can do about it, better get a payoff if we have to suffer through this mess, because I don't want to do this again next year!

Hate the tank....suck organically... it happens sometimes, but turn it back around asap!

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The other half is like.... well, not much we can do about it, better get a payoff if we have to suffer through this mess, because I don't want to do this again next year!

Hate the tank....suck organically... it happens sometimes, but turn it back around asap!

I get the idea that more people cheer for it, or at least look for reasons to after 3-4 games.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

I'm borrowing this.

Reactions: zellmatic

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Point is, trading Granlund, Nino and Coyle all was always going to make the team worse. That would be fine if he'd gotten great futures for them, but he got mediocre futures for them, so now both the present and future don't look great. He really embraced making us worse, even while making sure we weren't rebuilding toward anything, and then signed two 30+ vets to really screw with things (Staal and Zuccerello). To your point, he inherited some problems and those problems weren't his fault, but then he made those exact problems even worse and for that he does deserve plenty of blame.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Point is, trading Granlund, Nino and Coyle all was always going to make the team worse. That would be fine if he'd gotten great futures for them, but he got mediocre futures for them, so now both the present and future don't look great. He really embraced making us worse, even while making sure we weren't rebuilding toward anything, and then signed two 30+ vets to really screw with things (Staal and Zuccerello). To your point, he inherited some problems and those problems weren't his fault, but then he made those exact problems even worse and for that he does deserve plenty of blame.
In other words, we had assets to deal with those problems if they were used wisely. They were not. The team had issues to address, but things weren't dire by any means. Instead of addressing the issues, they were magnified to epic proportions.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I was curious how the others were doing...

Coyle....6GP....1 assist....-1
Nino.....8GP....3 assists...-1
Granny....6GP....2 goals...2 assists....+1

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Almost everyone on BOS is very happy with Coyle...at least till he missed his shootout attempt tonight. Pastrnak is 3 for 18 lifetime in SO's...how does that happen?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Almost everyone on BOS is very happy with Coyle...at least till he missed his shootout attempt tonight. Pastrnak is 3 for 18 lifetime in SO's...how does that happen?
Gaborik was notoriously bad at shootouts as well. It's a completely different situation when there is no defender coming for you - players don't always handle that well. It's a completely different type of shooting pressure that some high skill guys aren't used to.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Gaborik was notoriously bad at shootouts as well. It's a completely different situation when there is no defender coming for you - players don't always handle that well. It's a completely different type of shooting pressure that some high skill guys aren't used to.
We use to joke that they needed to have another player chasing Gabby during the shootout to fool him into treating it as a breakaway.

Reactions: TaLoN

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The team had issues to address, but things weren't dire by any means. Instead of addressing the issues, they were magnified to epic proportions.

I think they were dire; they had no blue chip prospects, the team had a lot of locker room issues, they couldn't develop any type of reliable goal scoring forward...it looked great until you started digging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad