Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I just don't think Faulk is very good. I feel Like Edmundson fit their team better.

Faulk on the 3rd pair seems a little odd. And to sign him to that long extension as well.

It's odd to see Edmunson moved, he signed a 1 year deal with STL last month. Maybe he got outplayed in preseason and was going to end up a pressbox guy?

I think STL won the trade, at least for the short term, but I'm not a fan of the contract they gave Faulk. Guessing that either Paranko gets traded or they don't intend to re-sign Pietrangelo after the season.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Trading Bokk and Edmunson for Faulk is a very Blues move and I don't think they really won or loss, because it's a typical Blues move. They are constantly moving players and prospects around.

For example, the reason why they got Bokk is because Paul Statsny was in the last year of his contract and they decided to move him at the deadline for a package of a conditional 1st round pick, a meh prospect in Erik Foley and a conditional 4th round pick in next year's draft (which didn't convert because Erik Foley signed). So, now Blues had 2 1st round picks in the 2018 draft. They decided to fill the void at center by trading their 14th pick for Brayden Schenn, who exploded for 70+ points. And then they moved up to grab Bokk with that extra pick they got for Statsny. To the Blues, this is typical for them. So, Bokk is a bonus for them, as they converted their 14th pick for the younger Schenn, instead of waiting for the prospect to develop. So, they saw Faulk was available and traded their bonus pick (Bokk) and Edmunson, who is a pending free agent at the end of this year. Edmundson himself was traded for Brad Boyes. And Boyes was acquired for Wideman, who they signed as a free agent.

To recap; St. Louis got Faulk for Statsny and Wideman, both of whom were pending free agents when they got traded. St. Louis traded from a position of strength, swapping out free agents for useful pieces that they can convert into pieces now. This is a huge reason why St. Louis won the Stanley Cup.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I didn't realize Luongo retired this offseason. Nuks ($3m) and FLA ($1m) on the hook for 3 seasons of recapture penalties.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Eichel just did a perfect Suter limp wrister that lead to the OT winning goal for Buffalo. The Sabres are fun to watch this year, their d-zone coverage is awful still, but the FWDs are impressive.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Eichel is also reputed to be the locker room GM of Buffalo...coincidence?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Haula has another goal today. That makes 5 in 6 games. Playing with Necas and Dzingel.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Ottawa just beat Tampa and Chicago is up 2-0. Looks like the Wild will be the final pointless team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad