Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Giordano is a POS, but that's a nothing play.
There is diving at the puck and then there is diving at someones legs like that. He never had a play on the puck so the only thing left for him to do was take out McDavids legs. It's a play that ends up being a minor, but it's still a dangerous one to make.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Giordano is a POS, but that's a nothing play.

It's one thing to dive to prevent a lane, it's another thing to dive at a guys legs. Maybe it wasn't malicious, but it was a stupid and reckless play that had no business being made in the way it was. Especially for a guy with a history of taking out guys legs, to the extent that he even has a nickname for doing so.

Reactions: SupremeNachos

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
It's one thing to dive to prevent a lane, it's another thing to dive at a guys legs. Maybe it wasn't malicious, but it was a stupid and reckless play that had no business being made in the way it was. Especially for a guy with a history of taking out guys legs, to the extent that he even has a nickname for doing so.
The game didn't even mean anything standings wise either. I've never truly believed the whole Crosby gets all the calls thing, but compared to McDavid it sure seems that way sometimes.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
There is diving at the puck and then there is diving at someones legs like that. He never had a play on the puck so the only thing left for him to do was take out McDavids legs. It's a play that ends up being a minor, but it's still a dangerous one to make.
Not sure how you figure that he never had a play on the puck? If McDavid doesn't grab Giordano's stick, there's a very good chance that he knocks the puck away.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don’t know how those dots connect.

81863568.jpg

Reactions: stlwahoo

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I missed this from a few days ago, but Fletcher hired Yeo as an assistant coach in Philly to... run the power play. I am not making that up.

Also Holland took the GM job in Edmonton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->