Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Dubnyk isn't fast enough to get out of the net in time for something like that to happen.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Arizona lost to Tampa, so they lose their game in hand. Only one point back. Chicago loses in OT, so the Hawks and Avs are three back of us with a game in hand still.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Arizona lost again. Colorado won. One point back of both teams for the final spot. Each team has 8 games left.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Arizona lost again, so we're even with them still, holding the tiebreaker in ROW. Colorado-Chicago tied at 1 in the third period.

Chicago wins in OT. Two points back of Colorado.

Last edited:

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Arizona lost again, so we're even with them still, holding the tiebreaker in ROW. Colorado-Chicago tied at 1 in the third period.

Chicago wins in OT. Two points back of Colorado.
Of course it went to OT. Wouldn't be a central division game in the last 10 games of the season if it wasn't a 3 pointer.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Carolina ends their 10 year playoff drought, the longest active playoff drought in the NHL.

And with that, Nino, Granlund, and Coyle are all going to play in the playoffs, but we won't.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i think nino got his 23rd goal last night. anybody still luvin the nino for rask trade? fenton you want to chime in on this one?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
i think nino got his 23rd goal last night. anybody still luvin the nino for rask trade? fenton you want to chime in on this one?
I'm sure Cane's fans are still luvin the trade. I don't think there was anyone on this board who ever liked the trade, but I hate it even more than I did when it first happened.

I will say that Nino is getting far more TOI and PP usage than he ever did here, and playing with Aho doesn't hurt.

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
And with that, Nino, Granlund, and Coyle are all going to play in the playoffs, but we won't.

Meh. Carolina, Nashville, and Boston all knew they were playoff-bound when they acquired those players at the deadline.

This year we were sellers.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
that's not the way i remember the thread ,when i ripped fenton for making the trade PLENTY said im the clueless poster who just doesn't understand the genius behind the madness.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
that's not the way i remember the thread ,when i ripped fenton for making the trade PLENTY said im the clueless poster who just doesn't understand the genius behind the madness.
Thread's right here. To the extent that there was much disagreement it was over how bad the trade was and what Rask would have to do for it to be considered successful.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Carolina is wearing their black alternates for the playoffs. Buncha jerks.

Also I disagree that Carolina knew they were playoff bound when they traded for Nino. It took them till Game 81 to make it.

EDIT: Autocorrect sucks.

Last edited:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Then, plenty of those posters were at least partially correct

Reactions: mahnster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->