Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
McJesus 'maybe' wants out of Edmonton?

What's it going to take from us Wild fans? :naughty:

(public service announcement: I don't take the rumor seriously or that we could get him...but hey I'm bored).

Zucker, Brodin, Kunin, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd, my left kidney, a 1000 virgins.

Actually, I usually know if a trade has good or bad value, or doesn't make sense. I really do. I have never made a bad trade proposal, not saying a proposal of mine is always great, but if anything I tend to undervalue our players. But I would have no idea if this is too much, too little, or simply undoable.

Edit: I looked at it, and it falls under the 'doesn't make sense' category.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
McJesus 'maybe' wants out of Edmonton?

What's it going to take from us Wild fans? :naughty:

(public service announcement: I don't take the rumor seriously or that we could get him...but hey I'm bored).

Zucker, Brodin, Kunin, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd, my left kidney, a 1000 virgins.

Actually, I usually know if a trade has good or bad value, or doesn't make sense. I really do. I have never made a bad trade proposal, not saying a proposal of mine is always great, but if anything I tend to undervalue our players. But I would have no idea if this is too much, too little, or simply undoable.

Edit: I looked at it, and it falls under the 'doesn't make sense' category.
Put the bong down!

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I did the same thing to Gabork in Long Island during warm ups back in March 2009 going into his UFA. Caught his attention, now I kinda feel bad about it.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I watched this game on Thursday and it was so damn loud in there.
It would have been fun to be at. Plenty of good chants going in there from what I heard.

On an unrelated note, it's hard to get over the fact that Colorado (with Ottawa's pick) is likely going to have the best shot at the top overall pick. Again.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It would have been fun to be at. Plenty of good chants going in there from what I heard.

On an unrelated note, it's hard to get over the fact that Colorado (with Ottawa's pick) is likely going to have the best shot at the top overall pick. Again.

Yeah, X/MacKinnon/Rantanen and Landeskog/Hughes/X is going to be pretty tough if it happens.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Anyone watch NYR-Washington earlier? In the shootout, Georgiev got beat on a move by Ovechkin and threw his stick to the side to try to prevent the goal. Ovi was awarded an automatic goal. Game over. I had never seen that before and didn't know the rule, but obviously it makes sense.

Also the Flyers set an NHL record by using their 8th goalie this year. That is insane.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Anyone watch NYR-Washington earlier? In the shootout, Georgiev got beat on a move by Ovechkin and threw his stick to the side to try to prevent the goal. Ovi was awarded an automatic goal. Game over. I had never seen that before and didn't know the rule, but obviously it makes sense.

Also the Flyers set an NHL record by using their 8th goalie this year. That is insane.
I knew that a thrown stick during play resulted in a penalty shot. Didnt know that throwing it during a penalty shot resulted in an awarded goal. Makes sense I guess. Can't just give him another shot

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

You throw a stick at the puck when someone has possession and it's an automatic goal if the net is empty, penalty shot if not. It's a goal of the goaltender does it. I've seen it called in regulation, net was empty, automatic goal. I remember Pominville got a goal with no shots on the scorecard for us a few years back because of it. I want to say it was against Colorado.

Avs fans were livid about the rule :laugh:

Edit: sorry, update to the rule... only a goal automatically if the net is empty. Penalty shot awarded if a player (including the goaltender) throws a stick or object at the puck in their defending zone.

Outside the defending zone, the team that was fouled against has the option of electing a penalty shot or a minor penalty resulting in a 2min pp.

It does make sense that in a penalty shot situation, you have to treat it like an empty net since you can't award a penalty shot on a foul committed on a penalty shot.

Last edited:

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I just listened to Russo's newest Podcast. He took my question as his last about Tavares and how the NYI treated him upon his return the other week. Russo went off on a tangent lmao!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad