Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV - Seattle Expansion(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Why would anyone pay normal price for a pre-season game?

Required with full season tickets, it wasn't an option not get the preseason games. You want cheap Wild preseason tickets you need to get them on the 2nd hand market. Wild box-office prices are the same for preseason games as they are for the cheapest regular season home games.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Why would anyone pay normal price for a pre-season game?
Season ticket holders are forced to.

NFL season ticker holders used to have to as well... technically we don't anymore... they just adjusted the regular season games price up enough to cover the drop in price of the pre-season... either way though, at least we're not paying regular season prices anymore? Yay? :huh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Domi suspended for 5 games for his sucker punch on Ekblad. Those 5 games constitute the rest of the preseason. :facepalm: What a nothing suspension...

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, with the Blues, Jets, Preds and now the Avs having a slew of ton of good young players, this is going to give Minnesota fits. I wonder if they shouldn't take a season off, grab a guy like Hughes or Kaapo and try again.
I'm sure that prospective ticket buyers will be rushing out to purchase when that plan is put into effect.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Adam Tambellini hit waivers. I liked him for the Hitmen a few years ago. Guessing he never learned to play defense?

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Unbelievable article in the Athletic today.

Back from the abyss: Kyle Okposo opens up about the darkest days of his life

Kyle Okposo couldn’t form full sentences. He was incoherent, confused, paranoid. He strained to recognize loved ones. He thought staffers around his bedside were there to hurt him.

Danielle was terrified. Doctors couldn’t provide answers.

Just over 18 months ago, Kyle suffered a concussion in a Buffalo Sabres workout, but the hit felt so ordinary he wouldn’t be diagnosed for days.

Even with that knowledge, medical experts from Buffalo General Hospital’s neurosurgical department, from the Sabres and from the NHL were unable to explain why Kyle had gone through a manic phase, why the lifelong introvert spent three days calling people from his past to tell them off, why he stayed awake for four days straight, why he stopped eating and dwindled to a teenage weight, why he told Danielle he was willing to harm himself simply so he could sleep again.
From the darkness — his eyes closed but with his bleary brain refusing to rest — Kyle would awaken from a brief, medically induced sleep and startle.

Your rings! Your rings!

Kyle needed his wife’s hand. Danielle wears three eternity wedding bands. Small, identically cut diamonds are inlaid all the way around.

“When I had no idea what was going on, when my mind was scrambled eggs,” Kyle said, “the only thing that grounded me was feeling her wedding rings on her finger.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Concussions are no joke. It's crazy to think once upon a time you were deemed ok to play if you didnt have a open head wound from a hit.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
I've lived in Minnesota since 1987 but I grew up in Clinton, NY which is a tiny town in upstate NY with a long hockey tradition. I didn't realize that Buffalo and Columbus were playing there tonight. Just turned on NBCSN to see a long story about Clinton hockey in the arena where I learned the game. Beyond stoked.

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
I've lived in Minnesota since 1987 but I grew up in Clinton, NY which is a tiny town in upstate NY with a long hockey tradition. I didn't realize that Buffalo and Columbus were playing there tonight. Just turned on NBCSN to see a long story about Clinton hockey in the arena where I learned the game. Beyond stoked.
Cool rink,it kinda reminds me of the Eveleth Hippodrome.Speaking of Eveleth and the Hippodrome....If any town should be voted Kraft Hockeyville USA its's Eveleth for gosh sakes.

Last edited:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
That's awesome. I wish they would do that type of thing more often around the states.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Clinton high school has an enrollment of around 350 to 400 but plays in New York's big school division and has two state championships. One of my best friends was the son of Joe Nolan who played Screaming Buffalo in Slapshot. Its New York's version of a tiny northern Minnesota town.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
There's a good college there, too, isn't there? Colgate, or something like that?

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Hamilton College, but Colgate isn't far away, maybe 20 miles. Growing up, my #1 and #2 teams were our high school and Hamilton, the NHL was off in the distance, although I was also a Ranger's fan.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oh , that's it! Colgate is in Hamilton, while Hamilton is in Clinton. Always broke me up.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Caps Wilson suspended 20 games for a bad hit. They threw the book at him, it was his 4th suspension since the start of last year's preseason.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I like Wilson, he just needs to find the line and not cross it. Being 6'4" hitting most NHL players square up is a hit to the head. He's the opposite end of height spectrum compared to Marchand and his "questionable" plays.

Wilson is in the league 20 years too late.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm so #$@%ing jealous watching the Caps' power play. It's not fair. Actually, I'm jealous of their on-ice weapons completely.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Nylander still hasn't signed in Toronto. Sounds like they are pretty close though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad