Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV - Seattle Expansion(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Karlsson goaing to the Stars would be great. Let them spend $12M per on something they already have.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Not liking the rumors of Dallas being the front runners for Karlsson.

He'll look cute next to Hanzal in the press box / injury ward. I love a move like this that potentially cripples Dallas for years to come. They have Klingberg but they need Karlsson at twice the price? Real stupid stuff from a real stupid organization.

Reactions: 2Pair

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
He'll look cute next to Hanzal in the press box / injury ward. I love a move like this that potentially cripples Dallas for years to come. They have Klingberg but they need Karlsson at twice the price? Real stupid stuff from a real stupid organization.

LOL he has missed 16 games in 5 years

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
LOL he has missed 16 games in 5 years

Might be significant that they were mostly the last two seasons (older guys get hurt more, take it from one) ... but sure, go cheer for the Dallas franchise and their very bad bet on a fading star. They are now and will be my most hated franchise, until they are sending me or one my relatives a paycheck, I suppose.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Might be significant that they were mostly the last two seasons (older guys get hurt more, take it from one) ... but sure, go cheer for the Dallas franchise and their very bad bet on a fading star. They are now and will be my most hated franchise, until they are sending me or one my relatives a paycheck, I suppose.

Spurgeon must be about 2 steps away from the grave along this line of thinking. :bones:

I don't think an $12m x 8 (or whatever crazy money he's going to get) contract is a good bet either. I also don't see him turning into Prosser in the next 3 years either.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Fading star? Had he played all 82 games, he would have had 71pts... how is that fading?

The guy is 28yrso. He's got a LOT of high level hockey left.

He's absolutely NOT injury prone... other than this year, he hasn't missed more than 5 games in a season since 13-14 when his achilles was sliced.

The only thing good about this, is in 4-5 years he may be fading, and that conract may never be fully worth it considering Dallas' defensive woes being their primary problem... as per usual.

Reactions: FVM

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Yeah I think we have officially jumped the gun if a 28-year-old superstar, on pace for 71 points this season, is now "fading".

Reactions: Wild11MN

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
As ridiculous as not being able to understand that when I say "I hate Dallas" it means "I don't want to see them have hockey success, including Erik Karlsson"? If he goes to Tampa, he'll be a regular ol' star. (Not to mention, missing a bunch of games due to injury CAN mean you have an injury.)

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
As ridiculous as not being able to understand that when I say "I hate Dallas" it means "I don't want to see them have hockey success, including Erik Karlsson"? If he goes to Tampa, he'll be a regular ol' star. (Not to mention, missing a bunch of games due to injury CAN mean you have an injury.)

I just don't another all-star player in our division that is not on the Wild roster. Is that so much to ask for?

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Karlsson goaing to the Stars would be great. Let them spend $12M per on something they already have.
I'd have to think Klingenburger would be going to the Sens right?

I hope Tampa gets him, then I can still root for him. Don't want the Stars tainting him. Eff that team and our division already has too many good players not on the Wild

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'd have to think Klingenburger would be going to the Sens right?

I hope Tampa gets him, then I can still root for him. Don't want the Stars tainting him. Eff that team and our division already has too many good players not on the Wild
would you trade a 25 year old 70 point dman locked in at 4 more years at $4.25M per for a 29 year old 80 point dman that's going to cost $12M per?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The rich get richer...how the hell can they afford all that? Stamkos, Hedman, Kucherov, McDonagh, now Karlsson?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I wonder if EK is going to be the next Duchene. "Traded" everyday to a different team by the insiders, and yet still opens camp with his original team?

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
The rich get richer...how the hell can they afford all that? Stamkos, Hedman, Kucherov, McDonagh, now Karlsson?
Long term they won't be able to. They were already going to lose a few of their important depth guys coming up because of Kucherovs new deal. They are definitely in the "BALLSTOWALLS" mode which they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad