Non-leafs playoff hockey or the jays?

Non-leaf playoff hockey or the jays? Assuming both on at the same time.

• Total voters

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Of course, when the leafs are playing playoff hockey we give that our undivided attention. But what do you do when the leafs aren’t playing but the jays are on?

Do you watch playoff hockey involving other teams or do you watch the jays game? Assuming they are both on at the same time.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
While I enjoy watching the Jays, playoff hockey typically takes precedence. All the better when that NHL playoff game goes into overtime too.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Early season baseball isn't so compelling vs the first round of the playoffs, which is usually the best round.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Depends what's going on that day. Baseball can be quite boring to watch, and if it's a weekend nice like it was here the last 2 days (23C and sunny), I will usually be doing stuff outside. This week will be quite hot (calling for 86F Thurs, 89 Fri, 90 Sat), and a long weekend, so beyond the Leafs........ hard to say.

The Jays are such a good, young upcoming team - like the Matthews/Marner 2nd year Leafs team, but wow...162 games is a LOT.

I have quite a few other hobbies, plus like sitting outside when it's nice like this.

I guess I will pick the Jays, as watching other playoff series ( although this year could be interesting to watch considering it was divisional play only) can sometimes just be too much hockey overload for me.

Last edited:

Captain14

Jan 3, 2018
Buffalo, NY
I tune into baseball after the all star break.
The games up to that point are all meaningless.
IMO that’s one sport that should shave a full month off their schedule.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I don't watch baseball before mid-September, which sadly means I don't watch the Jays. I was born in Toronto and lived there and in the area for many years, but I don't think I'm a Torontonian anymore.

Aside from the Leafs I have no serious loyalty, and I'm glad they won but I'm not even particularly fond of the Raptors.

That being said, it's hard for me to keep up my hockey investment when the Leafs get knocked out and the weather is getting nice

I'll usually watch the finals though.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I'll pretty much always choose the Jays over the non-Leafs playoff games. And if the Jays are in the playoffs, I'll choose them over regular season Leaf games. I love both teams.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Nothing compares to Playoff hockey for me. I’m fine with watching Jays in 30 later on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad