OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Ant tonight, NFL draft Thursday, and Twins suck/Brooks Lee out with herniated disc per usual. If Jenkins is out for a long time, I'm just going to watch the Orioles.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I admit. I'm nothing more than a fair weather bandwagon fan when it comes to the nba. I'm excited to watch the wolves in playoffs, I still remember being in attendance during wolves playoffs years ago during KGs original stint and had a ton of fun.

But, holy hell, is basketball the most unwatchable sport for casual fans/non fans?

Edit: unwatchable was the wrong word. Confusing and aggravating are probably the right words.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah, but also means we traded away 2 1st round picks when we didn't end up needing to.
Depends on how "really good" he would end up being. Franchise QB really good, or just really good?

The trade would be due to the fact that they "think" they are going to draft a franchise QB that will lock up the position for a decade+

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Man Ant man is disgusting. If he can become a consistent scorer in the league the sky is literally the limit for him.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Their length is incredible too. McDaniels, Reid, Alexander Walker, Ant Man plays like hes 6'9". And thats obviously not including Gobert and Towns.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think it would funny if the vikings traded all of that for Maye and then Penix Jr ends up a better quarterback. If Penix Jr didn't have injury history, I question where he would go in the draft.
Can still draft Penix just later than top 10. If he is there at 23, perfectly fine to take him there. I mean if Latu the DE from UCLA didn’t have injuries he’d be a top 10 pick and first defensive player off the board.

Penix going later in the draft likely means going to a better run team. Wash and NE still have work to do but I think i trust Quinn and Co more than NE group. Wash has more established coaches while Ne going with less experienced HC and OC.

Realistically, the trade up if Minny makes it likely is 5 to chargers for McCarthy.

Could Darnold turn his career around Ala Tannehill in Tenn or Smith in Sea? Sure. But both those QBs also had a ceiling and couldn’t take their team to the next level in PO or make the PO consecutively.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I must be the only person on the planet who thinks Hall needs to be given a little bit more of a chance.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I must be the only person on the planet who thinks Hall needs to be given a little bit more of a chance.
I'm not willing to put the future on hold for him to get a chance if that's what you're suggesting. I'm not against him getting games while we continue searching other avenues as well to get a legit franchise QB. Hall is a guy you hold for development purposes incase he develops into anything. Not someone you say "We have our QB, lets not look for other QBs anymore."

Keep going back to the QB well until you GET your QB.

Reactions: MuckOG

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Didn't show much starter potential, but did show some potential as a backup and that isn't bad.
He literally got 2 starts.

Anyways, I just read a report that indicated Vikes will be comfortable with Nix, if they decide not to trade up for Maye.

So it sounds like Nix it is.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
JJ it is. Glad we didnt have to give up an arm and a leg to get him. Only thing i didnt like about the idea of drafting him.

Reactions: Northerner

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Also side bar. The Bears are disgusting man.. Watch out. A potential franchise QB and a stud WR all on rookie deals?

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I'm not thrilled with the JJ pick, but hope to be pleasantly surprised. Obviously losing Kirk (lol, poor kirk. I suppose a fat paycheck probably makes that go down easier) and having Sam Darnold as your QB kind of forces your hand . Turner though? That's awesome. Good first round and if JJ can be a serviceable QB than it's a great first round. We'll see.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The runner starting on 2nd in extra innings still throws me for a loop in baseball.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Wolves keep rolling with another dominant performance on verge of sweep!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad