OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If I thought they guy we were picking at #3 had a high likelihood of becoming a solid franchise QB, I guess I would.
Have to believe that to make that deal up.
But, I would wonder about NE's decision to trade down in that case. Only if they don't love the guy at 3 as dropping to 11, very well QB4 is off the board by then as I could see teams trade ahead of them with ATL, CHI, NYJ (if the top 2/3 OL are off the board), to jump them.

I mean, NE can get 2 extra 1sts now, but without a QB long term, they likely would have to make a similar deal down the line to move up.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Have to believe that to make that deal up.
But, I would wonder about NE's decision to trade down in that case. Only if they don't love the guy at 3 as dropping to 11, very well QB4 is off the board by then as I could see teams trade ahead of them with ATL, CHI, NYJ (if the top 2/3 OL are off the board), to jump them.

I mean, NE can get 2 extra 1sts now, but without a QB long term, they likely would have to make a similar deal down the line to move up.

I think it would be smart for NE to trade back. It's never a good thing to throw a rookie QB into a team with as many holes in their roster as NE currently does. The smart thing for them to do is focus on building up their roster first (ie OT, Defense) before bringing in a rookie.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think it would be smart for NE to trade back. It's never a good thing to throw a rookie QB into a team with as many holes in their roster as NE currently does. The smart thing for them to do is focus on building up their roster first (ie OT, Defense) before bringing in a rookie.
Defensively, they were solid last season. They lack weapons. Unless the OL that they drafted don't work out, its' really a weapons and QB issue for NE. I mean, they passed on paying a 4th rounder for K. Allen.

They have not addressed anything weapons wise in free agency.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

They were fine on defense last year, but they had the defensive guru Belichick as heir coach. Their offense was the one that was on life support.

I could see the big brain play of trading back for (example) MN's 2 1st this year (plus whatever else) and taking a chance on the best of the rest QB (Penix or Nix) with the late 1st or their 2nd.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Defensively, they were solid last season. They lack weapons. Unless the OL that they drafted don't work out, its' really a weapons and QB issue for NE. I mean, they passed on paying a 4th rounder for K. Allen.

They have not addressed anything weapons wise in free agency.

They signed KJ Osborn

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I don't quite know why everyone is writing Sam Darnold off just yet. If we can't land JJ McCarthy or Drake Maye, I'd just as soon rather stick at 11 and 23 and bolster the roster. I don't think Nix and especially Penix are going to be any better than Darnold, given Darnold is finally in a position to succeed in the NFL.

Also, since people have anointed KOC as the QB whisperer (I really hate that term) let's find out what he does with Darnold. If we do land JJ or Drake, I still want them to sit for a year and not have their development ruined. This season is a loss anyways.

Agree, but the GM/Coaching staff don't ever do what is best for the organization, they do what is best to prolong their jobs.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Easily the worst starting QB in the division.

Speaking of division QB rankings:

1. Jordan Love
2. Jared Goff
3 Caleb Williams
4. Sam Darnold
Yeah, you don't know that. Guy was in really bad situations and this is a place where he can finally get a chance. If he busts here, then yeah he sucks.

Also, Jordan Love isn't the best QB in this division lmao.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Would you guys trade 11, 23, and next year’s 1st for #3?
I mean, I wouldn't if they are doing enough of an assessment and realizing that this year may just be a bridge year to get out of being cash-strapped and they potentially solve the QB issue in FA while bolstering other areas of need through the draft.

Not like there is a consensus on the next Mahomes in this draft. Why not get the proven guy, and the one the face of your franchise wants, in FA and fill in all the other holes that were poked at?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah, you don't know that. Guy was in really bad situations and this is a place where he can finally get a chance. If he busts here, then yeah he sucks.

He 100% is and he doesn’t have a true #1 like Goff has in Amon-Ra St. Brown. Or Chicago with Moore. Or Minnesota with Jefferson.

His leading receiver didn’t have 800 total receiving yards, yet he threw for over 4100+ total yards. Give him a #1 receiver, hell I will settle for a healthy Watson for once, and he is easily #1.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
He 100% is and he doesn’t have a true #1 like Goff has in Amon-Ra St. Brown. Or Chicago with Moore. Or Minnesota with Jefferson.

His leading receiver didn’t have 800 total receiving yards, yet he threw for over 4100+ total yards. Give him a #1 receiver, hell I will settle for a healthy Watson for once, and he is easily #1.
Yards such a weird stat to use.

Goff’s QB rating was ~90 last year.
Love’s QB rating was ~60 last year.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yards such a weird stat to use.

Goff’s QB rating was ~90 last year.
Love’s QB rating was ~60 last year.
You should double check your numbers for QBR lol. 90 would be insane. 72.8 is the highest in the league. Love’s QBR is higher than Goff’s btw.

Love had more touchdown passes and fewer interceptions.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

When the next option is Goff? Yeah, love is probably the best.

Its pretty easily,

Goff
Love
Williams
Darnold
Disagree. Goff is 2.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It’s kind crazy how the NFC north has 3 top 10 receivers in the league. Maybe even 4 with Keenan Allen joining da bears.
And advanced stats say St.Brown is the best in the league.
Goff held back Kupp until Stafford set him free. Get St.Brown a better QB and look out!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad