OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread X - The Search is on! (Scramblin' Fran Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
bmcyrh6bllxupyj9crgo.jpg

Vikings Mourn Passing of Ring of Honor Coach Jerry Burns
The Wilf family issued the following statement:
"Jerry Burns was one of the most important people we met when we came to Minnesota, and he was a foundation of this franchise. His leadership as a coordinator and head coach for over two decades shaped some of the most successful teams in Vikings history. His love of life, quick smile and sense of humor were what we will remember most. We join Vikings fans worldwide in sending our prayers to his family."
Grant issued the following statement:
"I met 'Burnsie' at Iowa when he picked me up from the airport when I was visiting down there, and from that point on, we started talking football and never stopped. We were on the same page a lot. When I went to Winnipeg, I'd have him come up as a guest coach. Our friendship grew over the years, and we became very close friends and so did our families.
"When I got the job in Minnesota, I talked to him about coming here, but he had a contract with Green Bay. The first year I was at the Vikings, I coached one guy short. I was holding the job for 'Burnsie' until he could come the next year. He was a very astute football mind. He could see things on the field immediately. He was as important to my career as anyone I've been involved with. His coaching help, friendship, loyalty, family — he brought everything to the Vikings he had. I'm gonna miss him."

Reactions: MK9

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I noticed Bally's removed the light grey below their scorebug/bottom bar while watching the Loons tonight.

Its better than it was before, it makes the bar feel smaller even though the space isn't useful for anything.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The Vikings traded Mike Hughes to the Chiefs, and all they got out of it is a late-round pick swap. Really strange to me given the lack of CB depth. The timing is also weird because I'm not sure what they would use the cap space on.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Dont really follow basketball much anymore, but that has gotta be a massive upset considering who was on that Brooklyn Nets team, no? Didn't Durant have like the best game of his career during that series???

Kyrie got hurt in game 4 and didn’t play the rest of the series, and James Harden only played in 4 games during the series due to injury but still great for the Bucks and I think it’s still quite the upset.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Dont really follow basketball much anymore, but that has gotta be a massive upset considering who was on that Brooklyn Nets team, no? Didn't Durant have like the best game of his career during that series???
I definitely don’t watch much basketball but I don’t believe the Nets were at full strength for very much of the series. Regardless, I think most had the Nets winning in 6 or 7. @Jesus Brodin pretty much nailed it.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I love having a regular PGA tour stop back in town, but they need to do some work on toughening up the TPC Twin Cities. Players are carving it up. I guess I'm one of those fans that like to see winning scores within single digits below par. I want to see the players get tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad