OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread X - The Search is on! (Scramblin' Fran Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I guess we had all heard different things then on the OL. Oh well, glad as it is.

I've literally never heard of Mond before, but I don't really follow CFB much. I'm not getting my hopes up here.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Also need a WR3... hope this turns out as well as a certain other 5th rnd WR we used to have around here... also, another player with plenty of return experience.

Last edited:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
its funny that every team basically says we got the guy we wanted. im glad the vikes finally addressed their needs. looks like potentially one of the best drafts overall the vikes have ever had (not talking about individual players). cheers SKOL VIKES!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would say that it's more of an addressing the needs draft(though i was surprised at the lack of CB's taken). No star, or potential stars taken, like AP, Cook, Harvin, Jefferson...hell even Kahlil was supposed to anchor the OL for a decade. No complaints from me, though. We haven't had a good O line since Hutchison, Birk, Kleinsasser, Mckennie(ok he wasn't perfect, but better than a lot of guys since).

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I thought they had a pretty good draft. Obviously a lot remains to be seen how the players pan out, but I thought they drafted a few pretty safe picks (O-line) and a few more boom or bust picks.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He was a tight end, not a offensive lineman.
He played a huge part in their blocking scheme, and was a monster in that role. He isn't to be compared to normal Tight ends. I've seen him a couple of times close up- huge.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He played a huge part in their blocking scheme, and was a monster in that role. He isn't to be compared to normal Tight ends. I've seen him a couple of times close up- huge.
Blocking tight ends always do... but that still doesn't make them part of the O-line. Sometimes he'd stay tight to the line, more often he'd chip and go to block further out. That's just part of a tight end's role. Even Rudolph was asked to do that type of blocking, just less often because he's not a "blocking" tight end, his chip and goes were for route running so gets less notice as a blocker.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think you watched Kleinsasser enough. He was not used like an ordinary TE. He wasn't an ordinary TE. It was a point that was stressed constantly both by coaches and in the press at the time.

Reactions: MuckOG

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I don't think you watched Kleinsasser enough. He was not used like an ordinary TE. He wasn't an ordinary TE. It was a point that was stressed constantly both by coaches and in the press at the time.

Kleinsasser was used more as a blocking "H Back" than a traditional TE.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Kleinsasser was used more as a blocking "H Back" than a traditional TE.
That I will agree with... but still doesn't make him an offensive lineman.

Saying he was part of the "good offensive line" is really all that I'm disagreeing with. He helped an already good offensive line, sure.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
thats not how i remember it, i remember him being great until his injury. which essentially ended his career.
Look at his season he was injured, he was playing terrible football already before the knee injury.

He earned the nickname Dumte Turnover.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
thats not how i remember it, i remember him being great until his injury. which essentially ended his career.
He was a phenom because of his size and arm strength, pre injury. Cam Newton was very similar, IMO.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Kiriloff has a hurt wrist apparently...so that's why he wasn't playing (and apparently will likely be out for a little while it looks like).

What a disappointment. Every decision Rocco makes seem to backfire, obviously some of them don't look good in hindsight but at the same time he's only able to work with the players that are on the team. The front office failed miserably to address the bullpen it's looking like. How is Jake Cave still the best option in the outfield every game? Just a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad