OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread X - The Search is on! (Scramblin' Fran Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
With the covid restriction rollbacks just announced, the Twins will be able to have 10k fans in the stadium for the opener.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
The Ballys scorebug works much better in baseball, honestly looks like it was primarily designed for baseball.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I don't really like it for baseball either. It's super chunky I guess is how I'd describe it? Just so much real estate for not that much information. Plus, maybe I'm trained to look up where it used to be but I don't like looking at the bottom of the screen for the data. All I need is the team names, balls/strikes/runs/inning. The one they had before was just fine. The combo platter of the bug/ticker is an abomination for everything so far IMO.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I don't really like it for baseball either. It's super chunky I guess is how I'd describe it? Just so much real estate for not that much information. Plus, maybe I'm trained to look up where it used to be but I don't like looking at the bottom of the screen for the data. All I need is the team names, balls/strikes/runs/inning. The one they had before was just fine. The combo platter of the bug/ticker is an abomination for everything so far IMO.

Chunky works here... I couldn't think of a way to describe it either but that resonated. Too much going on for me and the bottom right half is insanely obnoxious.

I am sure that designing this takes a team and months of planning, but I am just confused how this was the best option they came up with.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Gable Steveson qualified for the olympics tonight. Excited to see how he does.

Jesus comma Brodin

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Buxton leaves after first plate appearance. Took 2.5 games for Donaldson and him to get hurt again. Buxton was our best hitter through the first few games.

Jesus comma Brodin

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Rocco displaying the definition of insanity once again versus left-handed pitching. Same shit, different year. Sano is atrocious against LH pitching and is about set the SO record.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Rocco is so overated. Dumb challenges. Boneheaded bullpen moves. Trusts charts and analytics instead of baseball instincts. Shave that f***ing ugly stubble off your face.
I love the little pitching coach. Wasn't he in the Wizard of Oz?

Last edited by a moderator:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Rocco is so overated. Dumb challenges. Boneheaded bullpen moves. Trusts charts and analytics instead of baseball instincts. Shave that f***ing ugly stubble off your face.
I love the little pitching coach. Wasn't he in the Wizard of Oz?
Wes Johnson is the epitome of the modern pitching coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad