OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread X - The Search is on! (Scramblin' Fran Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Sweet victory in the early game.

Why does the NFL still have on-field refs doing replays? The entire process could be sped up so much if they had someone in the box who could instantly look at all reviews. There are so many reviews that could be finished in literally 10 seconds that take minutes because of how it works today.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
@Digitalbooya i just finished work. Why haven’t you posted a tweet of the packers game?
200.gif

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Absolute steal by the lions.
eh, I'm going to voice my unpopular opinion. I don't think its as much as a steal as just fair value. Rams fans didn't think Goff was any good. I there there is merit in that argument. I think Stafford is a great QB. I think he almost is underrated due to the team he was on. I think 2 firsts is fair value for him. Goff is just getting rid of pricey contract for them to make cap space.

In order for it to be a steal Goff needs to turn into a good QB. This trade makes the Rams real superbowl contenders in my mind.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Absolute steal by the lions.
Meh... fair value for Stafford. Goff was nothing but a throw in so Detroit has a placeholder at QB while they find their real solution elsewhere.

Goff is a terrible QB. was 23rd in the league in quarterback rating for a reason. That was in the simplified offense that the Rams were forced to run because anything more complex confuses him.

McVeigh being the offensive guru he is, was sick of having to simplify things for his QB, and still get little out of him. That's why he was more than happy to give him away.
eh, I'm going to voice my unpopular opinion. I don't think its as much as a steal as just fair value. Rams fans didn't think Goff was any good. I there there is merit in that argument. I think Stafford is a great QB. I think he almost is underrated due to the team he was on. I think 2 firsts is fair value for him. Goff is just getting rid of pricey contract for them to make cap space.

In order for it to be a steal Goff needs to turn into a good QB. This trade makes the Rams real superbowl contenders in my mind.
Nothing unpopular about your opinion. I think most would call it pretty spot on.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
They’re definitely going all in, and banking on finding players in the later rounds. I can’t imagine not having a 1st round pick until 2024.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
BTW - in case you missed it... the Vikes cut Reilly Reiff today, so yeah... our already bad offensive line now needs a new left tackle as well.

Odd he was cut after a bounce back season, but that's Spielman for you. Cap mismanagement extraordinaire.

Last edited:

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
BTW - in case you missed it... the Vikes cut Reilly Reiff today, so yeah... our already bad offensive line now needs a new left tackle as well.

Odd he was cut after a bounce back season, but that's Spielman for you. Cap mismanagement extraordinaire.

Cap casualty, but he wasn't worth the top 5 LT salary he was getting this year. Not odd when looking at him being told last year to take a pay cut or take a hike. He probably wasn't happy taking a cut two years running. Not ideal, but not out of the ordinary.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
His bones are literally made out of glass lol. How do you crack a tooth eating steak?
Maybe he was eating a t-bone steak and was cleaning the bone and instead of grazing the bone, accidentally bit down on it more than expected?

Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->