OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread X - The Search is on! (Scramblin' Fran Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
We drafted Jefferson with our own pick. In a late 1st round pick. Why couldn't we have drafted him?

We tried to get the same result years before with Treadwell, unfortunately he busted.

We drafted Jefferson with Buffalo's pick that we received by trading them Diggs.

Reactions: 2Pair

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Still bummed the twins traded Cruz. Makes a ton of sense don't get me wrong, but man I liked watching that guy as a twin. Probably my fovarote Twins player since Hunter.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not really. Those are two really good prospects...that's what Berrios was going to go for.
That's not my point. This more or less confirms that the MN will be horrible for the next few years. They are near impossible to watch already, but losing him ...yech... I'll watch Arraez AB's on Youtube, and my son's townball team.

Jays are good.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Buxton wants out of here. All that development and all those injuries, and he'll be gone in short order....

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
That's not my point. This more or less confirms that the MN will be horrible for the next few years. They are near impossible to watch already, but losing him ...yech... I'll watch Arraez AB's on Youtube, and my son's townball team.

Jays are good.
They were going to be horrible anyway because our ownership doesn't know what paying for players means

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
The Twins have had more injuries than I think every team in their division. That, and abysmal pitching, lead to the mess of a product on the field. Baldelli, also....not a fan of him and his BS.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Jays fan chiming in. Personally, I think you guys won the trade - Berrios only has another year of control left and considering you guys are getting a similar haul to what the Nats got for Scherzer + Turner (Turner with the same 1.5 yrs of control left), this is a big haul for you IMO.

Austin Martin is the best pure hitter from the 2020 draft class. You're getting a really good prospect back in him and I hate to see him go. That said, there are defensive questions with him at (he's split time at SS/CF and hasn't been impressive at either position) and his down power and K rate going up in his transition to pro are also concerns (his hand injury does muddy the waters, but his exit velo declines are quite a bit beyond what you'd expect),. That said, if he can work through that, he'll be a stud.

SWR... he's got good stuff but his numbers this year have been putrid. ERA in the 5's in AA. I'm personally not as high on him, but he grades out to be a decent bet at a middle of the rotation guy. You can never ask for too many of those (as a Jays fan, our rotation has been a weakness for most of over a decade).

Last edited:
Reactions: Wild11MN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Jays fan chiming in. Personally, I think you guys won the trade - Berrios only has another year of control left and considering you guys are getting a similar haul to what the Nats got for Scherzer + Turner (Turner with the same 1.5 yrs of control left), this is a big haul for you IMO.

Austin Martin is the best pure hitter from the 2020 draft class. You're getting a really good prospect back in him and I hate to see him go. That said, there are defensive questions with him at (he's split time at SS/CF and hasn't been impressive at either position) and his down power and K rate going up in his transition to pro are also concerns (his hand injury does muddy the waters, but his exit velo declines are quite a bit beyond what you'd expect),. That said, if he can work through that, he'll be a stud.

SWR... he's got good stuff but his numbers this year have been putrid. ERA in the 5's in AA. I'm personally not as high on him, but he grades out to be a decent bet at a middle of the rotation guy. You can never ask for too many of those (as a Jays fan, our rotation has been a weakness for most of over a decade).
You guys have a really good team. Berrios is looking very, very good, and is just what you need to help you compete. He might not be an elite starter, but he is just below that level, and is still relatively young. Prospects in baseball...tell us about them. At one point Buxton and Sano were top 5 , can't miss guys. It took Buxton forever to figure out the strike zone and hit a curveball, and now he can't stay on the field. Sano is a fat, stupid, useless player. Prospects in baseball are anything but a sure thing.

If you have a shot to go for it, then Berrios, or a guy like him, is about as good as you're going to get. He gives you a chance to bring the WS back to Toronto again...I was there for the other two.

See you next year in the prediction thread?

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis

Nice take. For Twins fans SWR will be 21 in September and is only in AA with a 4 pitch mix. I'll take a mid rotation guy that can hopefully eat innings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad