Non-Hockey Sports Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If I'm a PSU fan, that is a really disappointing end to the half. Great teams put up touchdowns in those spots. Minnesota looks great. I was pretty skeptical of how good they were when looking at their schedule and seeing one score wins over SD St, Fresno, Georgia Southern, and Purdon't. Ever since they played Illinois they have shellacked every opponent. 40-17, 34-7, 42-7, and 52-10. So I guess my question is, was there a change after the Purdue game?

Reactions: TaLoN

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I can’t recall any Minnesota sports team ever showing up like this in a big game in my life. That Michigan first half in 03 and the win in Michigan the next year is all I can think of.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If I'm a PSU fan, that is a really disappointing end to the half. Great teams put up touchdowns in those spots. Minnesota looks great. I was pretty skeptical of how good they were when looking at their schedule and seeing one score wins over SD St, Fresno, Georgia Southern, and Purdon't. Ever since they played Illinois they have shellacked every opponent. 40-17, 34-7, 42-7, and 52-10. So I guess my question is, was there a change after the Purdue game?
Or, maybe young players finally "clicking" as they adapt to the college game? Also, isn't this a different QB than they planned to start the season with? Maybe that had an impact?

I was right there with you though. I turned the game on out of curiosity to see if they were paper tigers after all or not.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Or, maybe young players finally "clicking" as they adapt to the college game? Also, isn't this a different QB than they planned to start the season with? Maybe that had an impact?

I was right there with you though. I turned the game on out of curiosity to see if they were paper tigers after all or not.
I have no idea. Usually the only time I watch the gophers is if they are playing Wisconsin or if they are close with a top 15 ranked team in the second half. Maybe a more dedicated gopher football fan can help us out. Young talent adjusting to the college game definitely seems like a good answer to the question.

Reactions: TaLoN

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Was this the first week for the College Football Playoff Rankings? I thought the gophers were ranked 13th and they are for the AP Poll, but 17th for the CFP. Interesting that Wisconsin is in front of them with 2 losses...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Was this the first week for the College Football Playoff Rankings? I thought the gophers were ranked 13th and they are for the AP Poll, but 17th for the CFP. Interesting that Wisconsin is in front of them with 2 losses...

Yes it was.

No respect for Minnesota's schedule to that point, which was pretty fair.

A showing like this, and even a loss shouldn't move them down any.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yes it was.

No respect for Minnesota's schedule to that point, which was pretty fair.

A showing like this, and even a loss shouldn't move them down any.
That's what I figured. However, Wisconsin has a bad loss to Illinois and they were absolutely obliterated by Ohio State and they sit at 13. Does a quality win over Michigan really bump them up that high, especially over a team with 0 losses? I guess I don't get the criteria used by the committee.

Good 2pt conversion stop by the gophers there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad