OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread IX - Let's Go Bowling! (Two-Minute Tommy Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Great clock management to score those 3 points!

17-10, we get the ball to start the half.
Two minute/hurry up is where I have the least confidence in our offense. That was huge. Now we get the ball, let’s make it a two possession game.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Diggs has been horrible tonight. He's been dropping bunches of passes all year. Sad.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Cousins with a chance to define his legacy in Minnesota. Not good enough there.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Come on... call timeout before the two-minute warning! If you do they'll have a second down with 2:00 left, third down with approximately 1:15 left. If you wait, second down is with ~1:55 left, third down with ~1:10 left.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
He's doing exactly that. Losers lose, that's why they're losers
Yes it’s Cousins fault Rhodes is one of the worst DBs in the NFL and his running back and best WR aren’t healthy.

He’s far from perfect but putting this on him is ridiculous

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yes it’s Cousins fault Rhodes is one of the worst DBs in the NFL and his running back and best WR aren’t healthy.

I agree it's not his fault, and I 100% put this one on the defense. That still doesn't change the fact that he had a decent shot to win one of these for once and couldn't.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

I never said that he was the reason they lost, but that doesn't change the fact that Cousins had the ball, 3 timeouts, and 3 minutes to go and took all of 5 plays to turn the ball over to Seattle.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I agree it's not his fault, and I 100% put this one on the defense. That still doesn't change the fact that he had a decent shot to win one of these for once and couldn't.
He didn’t have a decent shot at all. He was down 17 points in the 4th quarter.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I’ve called for cousins head in every other loss but I don’t understand it in this one. He was put in a situation where none of us expected him to win down 17. He comes back to make it a four point game. Now we’re taking shots at him?

I’m only going to speak for myself but I feel as though there are 15 other guys I’d blame before Kirk.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I’ve called for cousins head in every other loss but I don’t understand it in this one. He was put in a situation where none of us expected him to win down 17. He comes back to make it a four point game. Now we’re taking shots at him?

I’m only going to speak for myself but I feel as though there are 15 other guys I’d blame before Kirk.
And I still agree with pretty much everything here. He drove them back to give himself a chance to win it. It's the type of thing where you want to see him finally prove he can lead this type of game winning drive, against a great team on MNF. These games still define his legacy as a loser in big games.

Again, we lost because our defense sucked, not because of Cousins. It's just unfortunate (and unsurprising) that he couldn't lead a game-winning touchdown drive.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

$30M quarterbacks win the game when the ball is in their hands at the end of the game.

I agree that Cousins shouldn't shoulder the blame for losing that game, but that doesn't hide that fact that he had a chance to win it, and failed once again.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly agree with most of what you guys are saying I just don’t want this to be a “Cousins can’t win the big one” narrative distracting from the fact we have some serious personnel issues to deal with this spring.

3 of the first 4 rounds should be spent on defensive players.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Travelling has been the rule ignored most in the NBA my entire life.
The best part is, he's not only travelling but double-dribbling at the same time.

I just love the ref watching it the entire time and not even blinking when it happens.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad