OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread IX - Let's Go Bowling! (Two-Minute Tommy Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Nothing to be ashamed of. 10-2 is a miracle. Hopefully it's not a one-year wonder.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Not expecting a win tonight. But we’re gonna need to win out to win the North.
Seattle is beatable. They've lost twice at home this year, and both Pittsburgh and Cincinnati gave them all they could handle.

I know they beat the 49'ers, but San Fran was missing a lot of their players that week due to injury, including possibly the best tight end in the game...Kittle.

The Seahawks defense is not what it once was. I think we should win if we can play our game.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Seattle is beatable. They've lost twice at home this year, and both Pittsburgh and Cincinnati gave them all they could handle.

I know they beat the 49'ers, but San Fran was missing a lot of their players that week due to injury, including possibly the best tight end in the game...Kittle.

The Seahawks defense is not what it once was. I think we should win if we can play our game.
Definitely winnable, just easier on my soul if I don’t expect a win. Seahawks defense has been playing better as of recently though. Almost seems like a mental block against this team, we haven’t beat them since Favre was on the team.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Definitely winnable, just easier on my soul if I don’t expect a win. Seahawks defense has been playing better as of recently though. Almost seems like a mental block against this team, we haven’t beat them since Favre was on the team.
Meh... you're just reading into that too much. I doubt anyone on the roster is looking at any of those games. This is only the 3rd regular season game against them in the past 5 years. We don't play them enough for a mental block to be evident. In the middle of that time, we had a post season win all but wrapped up except for Blair Walsh's psyche.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Meh... you're just reading into that too much. I doubt anyone on the roster is looking at any of those games. This is only the 3rd regular season game against them in the past 5 years. We don't play them enough for a mental block to be evident. In the middle of that time, we had a post season win all but wrapped up except for Blair Walsh's psyche.
I think we can agree that the Seahawks play to the level of their competition. Should be close.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
As for their defense being better...if you only count 1 game vs Philly...sure, but can you really count being good defensively against a team that lost to Miami?

They have otherwise allowed 20 points or more to every team they've played since late September... including Tampa and Cleveland.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Love how run heavy we were on that drive. Playing with a lead is gonna put us into a position for Kirks first MNF win.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Rhodes looking like he's been killed...will this be his usual, looks terrible, back next series things or is it for real?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Better, first down runs killed is on that scoring drive. This time we held them on that first down run, then held them on the ensuing pass plays, forced to punt.

They'll get some air yards... it just happens in the NFL these days, can't afford big run plays on top of it.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
He made it sound like the Vikings were the victims of the Minneapolis Miracle...
I know right. He was making an accurate claim that our organization has been on the wrong side of some luck and then brought up the single greatest break we’ve had as his evidence.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Uh... why did they not call timeout there right away? Stupid!!

Edit: Never mind... they reset it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->