Non-french named players that speak french in the NHL

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
it shouldnt be "level related", a customer speaks to you in french (or any other language), you know french, you awnser him in french. SHould be that simple.

That makes no sense. LL has no idea what her level of English is so he speaks French. She's just letting him know that he can switch over to English if that's easier. If he then continues in French then she would probably switch back to French. She's just being considerate.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I was watching RDS and they were interviewing players from the WJC

I was surprised when Gudbranson came up, didn't know he spoke fluent french

Same thing with Dan Boyle a few years ago

any others?

From the old days (kind of in order of fluency):
Larry Robinson
Bobby Smith
Bob Gainey
Mike McPhee

I don't count anglo-Quebecers, it would be almost impossible for them not to speak at least some French.

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
If I remember right Robert Lang spoke good french also.

Here in Newbie being bilingual is almsot a given being the only true bilingual province in Canada.

MTLAzzurri

Mar 2, 2013
Wouldn't be surprised if pretty much all Swiss NHLers spoke French. Every Swiss person I've met has spoke at least German, French and English regardless of which part of switZerland they come from.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
That makes no sense. LL has no idea what her level of English is so he speaks French. She's just letting him know that he can switch over to English if that's easier. If he then continues in French then she would probably switch back to French. She's just being considerate.

she isnt actually, she's just switching to english cause it's easier for her, I mean... didnt she notice the customer did his whole thing in french ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad