Speculation: Non established dman to Toronto

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto
The guy who is an overager? Not good enough to play in AHL?...

A casualty of having 49 SPC's at the beginning of camp and not knowing the outcome of the Cowen case etc.

In hindsight, judging by the performance of this year's Marlies centers, it was a mistake sending him back.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Calvin Dehaan for Kapanen - Isles move someone they could lose in the expansion, gain a RW prospect they desperately need.

I would have loved to get a deal done around Pulock for Kapanen prior to Kap's injury. Leafs need a RD and Isles need a RW. Both NHL ready. Pulock has to be protected in the expansion draft while Kap doesn't, which should give him extra value for the Isles.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
I'd love for the Leafs to get Brett Pesce from the Canes. With Hanifan, Slavin and Faulk ahead of him on the depth chart, I'd like to grab him and see what he can do. Feel like his ceiling is pretty high. Would give a good prospect and a pick for him. Would be curious what Carolina's ask is.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Davidson is likely going to be picked in the expansion draft (nearly every insider has Vegas as picking him). So itd be smart for Oilers to trade him for some value while they can. He was really good in the top 4 last year in his rookie season and starting to bounce back this season after injuries kept him out for 6 months. He is not herlded much at all being a low pick, but he is very solid defensively and has shown some really good things offensively. He quietly has #3 upside

Id consider Davidson for Rychel

OldMilIce

Apr 30, 2015
Niagara, ON
Davidson is likely going to be picked in the expansion draft (nearly every insider has Vegas as picking him). So itd be smart for Oilers to trade him for some value while they can. He was really good in the top 4 last year in his rookie season and starting to bounce back this season after injuries kept him out for 6 months. He is not herlded much at all being a low pick, but he is very solid defensively and has shown some really good things offensively. He quietly has #3 upside

Id consider Davidson for Rychel

I'd do this deal all day. Rychel definitely has some upside, but at this point I'm not really sure he gets there. Davidson on the other hand has impressed me a bit the few times I've watched him play, and he could probably step in and be better right away than one of Hunlak or Carrick. Seems like a relatively good deal for the leafs to be honest.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I'd love for the Leafs to get Brett Pesce from the Canes. With Hanifan, Slavin and Faulk ahead of him on the depth chart, I'd like to grab him and see what he can do. Feel like his ceiling is pretty high. Would give a good prospect and a pick for him. Would be curious what Carolina's ask is.

A forward of similar caliber, doubt prospects or pick is wanted..

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Toronto needs some D prospects with upside. If you ask Toronto fan's they are not willing to give up any of their big 3-4 Prospects/Young guns.
:Example Matthews, Nylander , Marner, & Brown. Due to this we will not get an established top 4 D but we could try and should try to make a prospect swap for a YOUNG ! Dman with some serious upside. You gotta give to get i know this

SIDE NOTE: AND AS YOU ALL KNOW THE JVR FOR A DMAN THREADS ARE NOT WORKING SO WELL!

Toronto Has such a Deep prospect pool Would any Team be willing to swap One of their nice D prospect for a few of Toronto's Higher End prospects ? . Toronto has a lot of forwards Prospect that are doing Very well in their respected leagues. We also have a few Draft picks we would be willing to part. I personally Don't think we are open to moving our 2017&2018 1st round picks. But we do have 2 Sharks second round picks in 2017 & 2018 As well as our second round picks i would be willing to deal

Example Of what Toronto Can move

:leafs:
A list of some of our better prospects in no order.
Carl Grundstrom
Adam Brooks
Jeremy Bracco
Andreas Johnson
Brendan leipsic
kasperi kapanen
Kerby Rychel
Tobias Lindberg

For established players i believe someone like Bozak could be moved. As well as JVR But im trying to get away from a JVR thread.

What would you be willing to take for one of your D prospect with upside can we make a deal?

You don't need to give up a Matthews Marner or Nylander to get a D man

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Surprised no one said Petrovic yet.

He's the perfect candidate to address all Toronto is missing (right handed physical mobile DFD with some offensive upside) while not being established and probably not being protected by Florida. Could end up as good as Manson without the insane price tag.

Pysyk would work pretty well too but he's missing the physical element.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
outside view so take it for whatever its worth

trade kapanen+other pieces (so 2nd and or lesser specs) and get a #4 dman or a dman with that upside

babcock has them playing a good system, no need to take away from the forwards atm (with the playoffs on the cusp) and the all star break might allow reilly to recover fully. Adding another defenceman that can grow with the team or is young enough to be part of the team would be perfect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->